Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What's better than a snow pile?











Old Navy Faux Leather Jacket
Old Navy Cardigan
B.B.Dakota Dress (thrifted)
Chinese Laundry Tights
MIA 2 Loafers (thrifted)
F21 Spike Bracelet
Pacsun Wrap Bracelet
Icing Skull Ring

I was so proud of myself for making it all of the way to the top of the snow hill in before the timer went off. (Dude, that's not bad.  This part of the hill is about 20 feet high, I was like a ninja bounding up it!  Of course, I slipped coming back down and skidded on my behind the entire way down, so that might have killed the coolness.)  This is one of the lots where the city dumps the snow from plowing, there's always fantastic hills for climbing and sledding down.  The weather has been in the mid-30s for the past two days so it was perfect for some playing around in the snow.  (What kid doesn't love a huge pile of snow?  It's almost as great as a big pile of gravel.)  After I took photo real quick I pulled on my snow pants and boots and joined the kids.  They thoroughly trounced me in a game of King of the Hill.

I've been wearing mostly neutral or pastel colors lately so these brights feel a little out of character for me.  But I'll try not to be a one trick pony, so some brights it is! (It's not like I've been wearing variations of the same outfit non stop for the past week and a half.)  It would be nice to have a little light for photos though, I'm glad that we're on the upswing now with the days getting longer.

Happy 2013 everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Great post !

    Really well done, and your dress looks so cute a nice pop of red between all the white haha ;)

    Just what I needed to start the year :)

    Love and Best Wishes,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think brights are always such a good choice! just looking at a bright and cheerful outfit makes me smile and feel inspired to wear more colours myself. oh and once again you're wearing such cool tights. what a beautiful pattern!
    now, when it comes to weather then the snow is melting here and everything is extremely slippery (people brake their bones very often these days and it's a big problem right now). at least it's not that cold anymore.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, sounds like a fun day in the snow! I've been leaning more towards neutrals, but lately I've started whipping out the brights too haha. Love the mix of prints and color you rocked! :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like wearing brights in the winter since it's so dark and dreary to begin with! Looks like the kids had a wonderful time playing in the snow. :) Happy new year, Katie!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bright colors are great! And you brought it back down to earth with the neutral colored scarf and jacket.

    Also, I think I need to channel your ability to take outdoor pics in the cold. I'm wimping out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought that you were going to do the pony dance move from Gangnam Style when I saw you first photo. Haha, I really can't believe how huge that snow pile is, you're so brave for climbing up it, I know that if I even tried I'd fall flat on my face. This outfit is so bright against the snow, it makes for such a beautiful contrast. I really need to get over my fear of wearing a dress in the winter and just do it. With tights. New Years resolution!

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the bright colours!! And how beautifully its contrasted by the pristinely white snow. I didn't realise how great this shade of blue and red looked together. I hope one day I am lucky enough to climb and slide down a snow covered hill - sadly it doesn't ever snow nearly enough or sometimes not at all here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours of your outfit so much! The snow makes them look even more vivid and beautiful! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy new year to you too katie girl! you're looking good in the brights. you kids are cute too. the 30's is still too cold for my wimpy behind. oh, & me climbing a snow hill/mountain? that's not gonna happen either. so go you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bright colors! You're such a winter inspiration. It was 16 degrees in Boston today and I just wanted to wear a sweater and leggings, but I thought of you and begrudgingly put something polished together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your eyes look striking in these pictures. You guys have SO MUCH snow! I thought we had tons but I was wrong apparently...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's better than a snow pile? Nothing! So fun!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the blue cardigan and the red polka dotted dress is sooo cute! But I can't believe you were able to run up the snow pile with the timer. haha I can barely run to the spot to take a regular outfit picture, let alone run up a giant hill! Dang you really must have been like a ninja ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)