Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sunshine in the Woods

























































American Eagle Outfitters Elbow Patchs Blazer (thrifted)
Old Navy Leopard Blouse
American Eagle Outfitters Jeans
Madden Girl Boots (Famous Footwear a long time ago.)
Kormet Leather Handbag (thrifted)
Silver Earrings
Icing Cow Necklace


Ahhhh, more sunshine!  I'm so happy that we're finally over the hump of the short days and that they are now getting longer, we're up to six hours of light now and it feels amazing.  Everyone in town in out and about more, every time we go out to the trails they're just packed with people enjoying the sunshine and extra daylights. (Not to mention the warm temperatures  even though it's been between -10 and 10 above, it feels to great compared to what we normally get this time of year.)

I don't know why I always try to button up this blazer, it just looks that way and bunches up.  Heh, one of these I'll learn just to leave it alone.  I think I'll have to figure the same thing out about my bangs, as soon as the temperature starts dropping they get serious static cling and thin out. (Pretty sure this is thanks to the super dry air, my poor hair would love a little humidity.)

I do really like this outfit, aside from my bangs misbehaving and the blazer buttoning mishap this outfit is my favorite way of wearing these burgundy jeans so far.   I haven't worn this Old Navy top in just about forever and since I'm trying not to wear a white or brown top everyday this one ended up being perfect. (Wow, such a step into the danger zone, it's basically just brown and black.)     You'll have to excuse me and my one glove, my right hand tends to get cold faster than my left hand does and even in the little bit warmer temperatures, it still tends to stiffen up. (And being the dork that I am, I always seem to only ever have one glove in my pockets.  My pockets are the black hole equivalent of the dryer, two gloves go in and only one comes out.)


18 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a similar blazer to this for months now. It looks so wonderful on you; I'm hoping to thrift my own.

    I'm so happy the days are getting longer. It makes the nightly bike ride home so much easier.

    Lovely photos!

    Gracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit so much! The brown and black in the blazer goes with the brown and black of the leopard top so they compliment one another but the two patterns together is so unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have the leopard blouse!! This look is absolutely perfect! Great job of pattern and texture mixing--as always!
    -XOXO-
    Libby at http://libbysoutlook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for longer days and sunshine. We're having a really cold spell here in Boston, but still not as cold as you. I love the leopard with the plaid (herringbone?) blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie,,,the 4th photo, with the sunshine that looks like its radiating from you...is just incredible. Your expression is perfect for that photo too.
    I really love this outfit; the mix of leopard and the plaid jacket. I love elbow patches; I've been fascinated with them since I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo the second shot has got to be my favorite, you look awesome! I want a blazer with cool elbow patches and plaid, along with your burgundy skinnies, super cute. I know what you mean about one hand getting colder than the other, that is the story of my life, even when I have both of them shoved deep into my pockets, lol.

    xoxo,
    Genie

    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the 4th photo!!! The sunny one. So beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to hear the weather is looking up! You have a way with these earthy tones, I simply can't future it out no matter how i try but I am getting some tips from you thankfully. Lurvvv the leopard print blouse, especially with the plaid blazer, what a lovely print mix. Agreed, a great way to style up your pair of burgundy jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh I LOVE that leopard shirt! And the photo of the moon is so cool. Hooray for more sunshine :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sunshine in these photos! And your leopard shirt is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for more sun and longer days! That fourth photo with the sunlight is just gorgeous. The leopard print pairs beautifully with the tweed!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    January Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh... I just found your blog and I really like what I see. It makes me especially happy to find a style blogger that also face long cold and dark winters, so count me in as a regular follower! And yes, a big hurray for more day light, and for your super cute leopard shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katie! I love the color of your jeans! Yay for longer days and warmer temps:)! Just found your blog and am your newest follower on GFC #127! It would be great if you could check out my blog too! Thanks:)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehe, I didn't even notice you were wearing only one glove. but I did notice the beautiful weather and that amazing necklace you're wearing and of course the leopard top. I'm actually a quite big fan of leopard print pieces. oh and colourful/printed pants have become my big favourites too! I already can't wait to wear my military print jeans I bought last weekend. anyway, yeah, I just love your utterly sunny photographs!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the leopard top with your blazer!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE the mix of leopard print with the plaid from your blazer! I always love seeing how you wear that blazer (so cool with the elbow patches) with so many different things. And that necklace is super awesome, animal necklaces look so cute :) Your photos keep getting better and better, I really like all the sunlight and the reflections of the snow in these pictures! yay for longer hours of light.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That fourth photo! *_* Oh wow, its just lovely - I love how the sun is radiating in and your looking down to the side...its just...just...lovely :)
    Haha, I like the outfit too - that blazer is perfect! The elbow patches did it for me haha.
    Also, thanks for the amazing comment on my last post. It means a lot! I'm really happy with my haircut too ^^

    Enter to win an $80 voucher to MsDressy!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)