Monday, January 14, 2013

Rain over Creamer's Field











































Old Navy Parka and Scarf
Banana Republic Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
London Times Dress
Chinese Laundry ?Tights
DV by Dolce Vita Boots
Icing Belt
Urban Vibe Spike Bracelet
Sapphire and Ruby Ring, Rhodolite Garnet Earrings

It was actually poring when I took these pictures!  There was a storm warning in affect for Fairbanks and the the surrounding area the past two days with freezing rain and snow.  Even though I expected the rain, I really wasn't ready for it!  It's pretty rare for Fairbanks to get freezing rain, this is the third time since I've moved up here that I've seen it and ugh, not happy to see it again.  Anchorage always gets really awful freezing rain and black ice, the driving conditions there are worse that what we get in Fairbanks, we just get the miserably cold here. (So it's a trade off, less drivers on the road and better driving conditions but with horrible cold vs way warmer weather but more drivers and worse driving conditions.)

I look a little bit like a drowned rat here but I really had too much fun taking the pictures.  at least with it being able to rain that means the temperatures are in the high 30s, low 40s and it feels amazing, I actually got too warm with my parka on.  I guess that's one of the great things about cashmere, it's surprisingly warm!

Creamer's Field is one of my favorite places to take pictures, I love the field and the big Dairy barn and there's so many fun little trails around it.  Fairbanks, Delta and Nanana all have farms scattered throughout and it's sort of different for me to drive by the farms.  I'm so use to Seward and living right up in the mountains and along the coast, flat land always confuses me!  My grandparents farmed down by Cheraw in Colorado and visiting them there would always freaked me out, the land was so flat and there were so few trees in the area I felt like I was going to fly right off of the earth.  (Weird.  Mountains make you crazy I guess.)

Yikes, that was a weird little ramble.  I'm going to blame it on being hopped up on cold meds right now.  I was so out of it this morning that I tried to use the toothbrush to shave.  The embarrassing part isn't that I tried, but that it actually took me a while to figure out why it wasn't working.

That's me, Katie, brilliant genius and such a special little snowflake. (Speeecial.)


18 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the way these pics turned out! Yellow is awesome. Love how all the colors just come together. Your eyes and hair stand out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mountains make me feel safe, not crazy. that scarf is special, as the yellow and lace on your pretty snowflake covered dress. you are brave to take photos in that weather dear katie. i on the other hand, am a wimp. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf and yellow skirt are so pretty together! I love it!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg wow these photos are so stunning! like seriously you look beautiful and i just love the outfit and the snow and everything!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha! Omgsh, the toothbrush as a razor incident seriously made me laugh xD That's so funny - and totally something I would do. I've tried shaving with the case still on the razor. Took me a couple swipes before I figured that out.
    Anyway, wow, can I just say you've stepped up your blog so much since I first started reading it. Your photos are just amazing Katie! :D
    As are your outfits. I always love seeing how you dress so stylishly for your weather.

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you have no idea how much that means to me! I've really been working at improving my photography and this silly little blog so to hear you say that just completely means the world to me and makes my day! You are such a sweetheart! *HUGS!*

      Delete
  6. You totally can't even tell it was raining! Hope you're feeling better, and love your bracelet :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. the third photo is my favourite! such a dreamy one. and the last one is adorable too. I love the yellow dress and the way you have layered it. oh and the weather.. gosh, I really don't like winter.. I mean the cold one, it's so annoying because when my fiance is at work he doesn't come home every day and then I'm alone with the pets and have to keep the whole house warm (using wood). it's like one big workout when you have to run from one floor to another the whole evening.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos came out really gorgeous! I love your bright yellow skirt. Haven't gotten one yet this year, but we've had quite a few ice storms here.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    JCrew Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only hear about places like this in the movies or books, seeing it here on your blogs makes it so much more realistic, and so beautiful, snow trumps sun and sand for me anyway! I am loving the sunny yellow dress, that colour is stunning and its great to see you bring brightness to this icy rainy weather. I can't believe you said it got too warm. Lol about the toothbrush, we all have days like those. P.S You said you only moved to Fairbanks recently, were you always living in Alaska before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moved to Fairbanks about 8 years ago, before that I lived along the coast by Seward and Anchorage. And it sounds really silly that it was so warm, but that 40 degrees feels tropical after the cold! Way too warm for a coat. ;)

      Delete
  10. Love the sweater layered over the springy dress! I might have to try that with one of my sun dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no idea how you brave the winter temps for these outdoor outfit shots! You look amazing for standing in a winter rain storm and I am loving the spike bracelet you have on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You hair is absolutely stunning in these photos!! Love it!

    new follower :)
    When Mine Became Ours

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in LOVE with this dress and how you styled it, and loving your scarf. :) Ya for warmer temps! When its been freezing 40 degrees feels tropical, at least in New England!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The belt over the sweater and dress is a very flattering look on you! It really defines your waist and, interestingly, makes you look taller! Maybe because it draws your eye up?

    Also, you are hardcore for taking pics in the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)