Saturday, January 26, 2013

Race the Sun








































Old Navy Parka
Fred Meyer Hat and Scarf
Sears Cardigan
J.C.P. Faux Leather Peplum Top
Pacsun Maxi Dress
DV by Dolce Vita Boots
Handbag (thrifted)

Show of hands, who  did this when they woke up to this winter storm?



















At least this blast of cold and awful winter weather gets an awesome moniker like "Winter Storm Khan."  I hope you all took advantage of this down there in the lower 48, there will never be a better time to run outside and yell "KHHHHAAAAAN!" at the top of your lungs.  For those of you who didn't take this once in a life time opportunity, I made up for it today.


Delightful references aside, it was a monster today trying to get photos.  I lost the light by the time I was able to take pictures and it was so cold, a lovely -36 below that I didn't want to stand around and figure out the focus.  I hate focusing the camera, I always pick photo spots that doesn't have easy focus references and it takes forever.  I need to carry around a stick man to help me with the camera focus.


10 comments:

  1. Lol I am sorry about the storm. I think we're getting hit with something similar (in a much milder form of course, because 36 below? holy cow girl, I'd have died).
    I love your pretty earrings and bag! How you remain so chic and beautiful in such freezing weather is beyond me. Seriously admire you <3

    Enter to win an $80 voucher to MsDressy!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds excruciatingly cold...but I have to admit I would want to experience that at least 'once' in my life ;) I say this all the time (I know) but this is my new favourite look of yours of the month. Do wear more maxi dresses, you're gorgeous in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. check out this giveaway sweetie**
    http://style-limelight.blogspot.gr/2013/01/sismade-giveaway-16th-january-30th.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors! Pretty outfit :)

    ---
    http://mariaosk.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahah, in that first photo I was like, "Um..is she wearing leopard print harem pants? I don't know if I can get behind that."

    And then I realized it was a dress. Phew.

    Anyway, I love the burgundy cardigan with it. Too bad it's tough to see the faux leather peplum underneath because I bet that looks awesome, too.

    P.S. We tried to watch Wrath of Khan at Christmas but there was too much family stuff going on so we ended up turning it off. I've never actually seen it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwwaaahahaa! They DO look like leopard print harem pants in that photo!

      I got really frustrated with the photos by the end and I just didn't get a really good picture of anything. :P It was one of those days where I really wished I had someone else to take pictures, I just couldn't get anything right with them and it all looks really awkward. I did learn not to wear leggings under this dress, the fabric really clung to them. (Hahha, I still can't get over that, that sounds like something a Kardashian would wear!)

      Wrath of Khan is defiantly a classic, pretty much everyone in my family is a trekkie so I've seen more than my fair share of it. (I do love Voyager though!)

      Delete
  6. I love the last picture, Katie. I have to admit when I saw the first picture, I thought you were wearing palazzo pants! I love the pattern and the color mix; as always, I love your color mixes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like those in that first picture! I think palazzo and harem pants are things I'll never try, I'm just way too short for that!

      Delete
  7. katie, i adore all the textures of your outfit, and the shades of brown with cream. focusing your camera worked because your photos look lovely! i especially like seeing those evergreen trees with frosted snow. glad i didn't awake to a snowstorm though. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)