Friday, January 18, 2013

Leather, Leather, Leopard!








































FS Limited Wool Coat
Gap Leather Jacket (thrifted)
Fred Meyer Scarf (Christmas gift)
Old Navy Tee shirt
Icing Timeglass Pendant
Gap Black Utility Pants (thrifted)
Madden Girl Leopard Print Boots via Famous Footwear (and on really good clearance right now!)
Michael Kors Leather Handbag (thrifted)

I'm not a girly girl all of the time, I think I just have a tendency to play up that side of myself on the blog. (Thus the crazy amount of dresses and skirts.)  I've been a tomboy and pretty active in sports and outdoors most of my life so I've always tended to dress pretty casually, lots of jeans and band tee shirts.  This is a pretty representative outfit of what I wore through most of high school and college, aside from the leopard printed booties! (College aged me would have given those a serious side-eye.)  Every time I wear an outfit like this I morn the loss of my Def Leppard tee shirt, I had it for over ten years until it finally fell apart in the washer and it's left a hole in my closet since then.  (I'm not sure why, but there is a serious lack of worn-in band tees at our thrift stores.  I think everyone just holds onto their shirts forever.)

Getting to the point, I wish I had a band tee shirt, it would have made this a perfect outfit.  The gray tee shirt is just lacking in excitement and the outfit feels a little boring as a result of it but I couldn't find the scarf I really wanted to wear.   Oh well, life goes on.

13 comments:

  1. Yes ,looks great! Love the Boots :)

    Happy Weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I know what you mean. I've been on the hunt for the perfect band tee for quite some time! Although I'm not willing to shell over $30-something bucks when I'm certain with patience I can thrift it...haha. The search continues!
    But I think you improvised with the scarf well. Plus, those leopard booties are worth major style points in my opinion :)
    And yeah, it sucks coming home to this freezing cold, especially when I've got mostly spring items from the Philippines! But thanks goodness for layering ;)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the first time I am seeing you in this type of style...and I absolutely love it. I thought you looked fabulous in the pretty feminine dresses, but you rock a chic black biker ensemble just as brilliantly! Love the leopard accents, this is very much my type of look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love :) And nice shoe :)

    Would you like follow each other ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have only one band tee and it's Sunrise Avenue tee, a thrifted one. don't know if you know that band but it's a pretty nice one, from Finland. anyway, I love that jacket of yours and still those leopard booties and gosh I would so love to wear my own but the weather doesn't let me do that. oh and your bag! one of my dreams is to find (or when I don't find it from a thrift store then buy, haha) a MK bag, a classy one. right now I only have a pair of MK sandals.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  6. That scarf is so pretty on you and goes so well with your hair. I'm always in awe of your photos...they look so perfect against the white snow!
    :)
    Allison

    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy, and get free domestic shipping with code FREESHIP

    ReplyDelete
  7. i look at this and think grown up professional katie career woman! girl, if you still have some concert t's, i want to see them. yes, i'm an old lady, and i still wear band t-shirts. did you see def leppard in concert? i never did. i watched their behind the music on vh-1. when i see stuff like that, or read memoirs, it disturbs me the way they treat women. of course, i can still like their music, but not their behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great as always. The pants look terrific on you and I love the scarf. You are always so cute, Katie.
    I agree with you that there is a lack of good, perfectly worn band tee shirts. Stiff, starchy new ones don't work well either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice take on edgy chic, I especially love the detailing in the pants, they're awesome! I want a worn band tee shirt, I think they really do tie together outfits in an "I know I'm awesome without having to stand in from of my mirror for hours" kind of way. The entire ensemble is the bomb!

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pants! The buttons on them are super cute.

    Maybe someone is snatching up all the good vintage tees to sell online? I know there is at least one website out there that does that in the Chicago area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I just say that in this outfit you look like a bombshell?? I don't know what it is, but it brings some sort of a I-will-kick-your-ass feeling out of you. Even without the Def Leppard T.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I may have commented on them before, but I'm really digging these pants on you. Cargoes are a notoriously difficult style to pull off but this shape really suits you and you're given them a nice rock n roll edge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)