Sunday, January 13, 2013

I kicked it and it didn't work



























Fleet St. Jacket
Old Navy Faux Leather Jacket
Husband's Scarf
George Cashmere Sweater
J.Brand Jodhpurs
Rampage Boots
Sears Turquiose Necklace
Icing Bug ring

A quick post.  Our internet went out a couple days ago and someone from GCI made it out today to fix the problem, so yay, the Internets rides again!  It's kind of silly how use we get to having something available all of the time.  Before blogging I'd gone for almost five years without having internet at the house and was completely fine without it but now, a few days of not having it is like giving up bacon. (The horror!)

This isn't the most amazing outfit and while I do like it for the most part, I think this is one time the leather jacket should have stayed in the closet.  Something about the proportions of it, the sweater and then the boots is throwing me off, I think a longer jacket might have worked better.

I am going to say that I finally figured out how to make the pictures line up evenly   Well, I knew before hand but I was too lazy to do it. (I use to be smart and know html.  It's true, use it or lose it, I can't hardly remember how to do anything.)   I'm really liking having everything even and lined up, it's quite a difference from a few pages ago!

Allrighty, I'm out.  Night everyone, tomorrow I'll be back and I cant wait to read everyone's blog, I've missed you all so much during my brief departure from the nets,you ladies are seriously awesome.  Hugs for everyone!


11 comments:

  1. I like it. A nice basic outfit.

    I also wanted to tell you that since I've become a regular reader of your blog, you always pop into my mind late at night when I can't sleep and am watching "Alaska State Troopers".

    A random thought, I know :) Hope you might get a laugh by that though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that show! Everyone I know watches it, we're all curious to see if someone we know shows up on it. (Haha, it's like our version of "Cops.") And it's always wild to see places on tv that you recognize and they get some of the weirdest people on there sometimes!

      Delete
  2. I can`t live without internet :) Silly I know :) I like your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, when I figured out how to get pictures lined up evenly I was so excited. I'm just a total ditz when it comes to technological stuff.
    I really like your jewelry in this outfit! The necklace and ring are awesome :)
    And seriously, its crazy how much we can take something for granted, isn't it?

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look really nice and I like brighter lisptick on you very much - different shade or does the scarf make it look brighter? Whatever it is, it's pretty. :)
    Can't imagine my life without the internet either. It's like my life line - pathetic, I know, but I can't be without it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, le internets. I have no idea how I lived without it, especially before blogging. Sometimes, though, I try to "unplug" myself for a while, but it rarely works. ;)
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  6. katie, you are awesome, & so are your boots, necklace, & ring! i know sometimes it's nice having internet, & sometimes i have withdrawals like a crack ho. you can have your bacon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That necklace is so gorgeous. As always, I love the way you mix in earthy neutrals with basics, and the way they are enhance by your surroundings and the snow.

    Don't know if I could give up bacon or the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the neutral colors with the pop of red from the scarf! Amazing layered outfit :)And that bug ring is so cool although if I just saw it on my desk I would get freaked out for a second haha. yay that you got your internet back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually like the combo of your boots and jacket.. or maybe it's the fact I just have warm feelings towards brown (faux) leather. doesn't matter, I still like it. and I also like your accessories again. I even saw a similar ring in an Estonian web shop but for some reason didn't order it for myself.. oh and I know how hard it sucks when you don't have internet! or you can't use your laptop at all! disaster, hehe.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  10. The jacket actually goes well with your outfit! The length hits you at the right spot to nip in your waist.

    I am SO thankfully that my husband is a former IT professional. He can fix almost anything computer or internet related so I very rarely have to live without internet access. Although, sometimes I think it would be a blessing to have it off for a day or two at a time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)