Saturday, January 19, 2013

Along the Frozen River














































Old Navy Wool Coat
Yellow Blazer (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Lace Top
Michael Kors Leather Skirt (thrifted)
Kormet Leather Handbag (thrifted)
Fred Meyer Tights and Scarf
Icing Watch Pendant
Madden Girl Boots (Famous footwear long, long ago.)
Gold and Yellow Sapphire ring

This gorgeous Michael Kors leather skirt that I thrifted this past summer has now been retired to the "to be fixed" box in the closet.  I thought I could carefully make my way down the hill to the river, reality said otherwise.  I skidded the entire way down on my butt, the children laughed at me and I ripped a seam out on the skirt. (Actually the snowmachiners on the river laughed at me as well, I had a full audience for that little moment of extreme gracefulness.)   I'm pretty sure it's fixable (the seam not my reputation) since it was the seam that ripped but I'm angry at myself for not being more careful.  Note to self, save the icy hill sledding for the cheapy-cheap skirts, not the expensive leather ones.

Uh, I promise I'm not flashing you all on the last picture.  I was trying to get my coat back on before the timer snapped but I just was not with the ballgame today.  (I do love the light though and who can say no to showing off embarrassing photos of themselves and plastering them all over the internets?)

14 comments:

  1. Great outfit!! I really like your lace top and that jacket is awesome!
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, butt sliding is a specialty for us dorks :-D
    Love that gorgeous mustard blazer, btw, sooo pretty.
    Just when I thought you were an exhibizionist , you say you didn't mean it, cry :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I actually like the last photo (yup, the lighting is pretty!)
    And aw man, I'm so sorry about the skirt - hopefully you'll be able to fix it no problem. Its such a pretty leather skirt. Especially the way you wore it.
    I know I've been saying it in every post now, but girl...you have REALLY stepped up your photography! :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, I keep forgetting that you do all of these pics by yourself. I have tried doing that a few time, and have failed epically. I don't think I've got the patience to keep running back and forth for the perfect shot, lol, that's why I'm so grateful for my little sis to do half of the work for me. I really love this leather skirt (MK too!) upon reading that there was a ripped seam, I gasped out loud and felt your fashion pain. It runs deep; I know that you'll be able to fix the small issue in a jiffy though. Once again you've put together an awesome outfit, I'll have to remix this version for myself :)

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love it! ^^ You have a nice blog, mind to follow each other? :)

    BLOG | TWITTER | TUMBLR

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still drop my jaw every day over your bravery going out in skirts in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your little incident sounds like a lot of fun, hehe. the best thing is to not take it too seriously so you certainly succeeded, Katie.
    that MK skirt indeed is so cool and I hope you could fix it. it looks really nice with the snow white lace top btw. and how cute is the peach colour of your blazer. oh and great tights too! I love the pattern!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are always too gorgeous for words, seriously. And how do you find the coolest things at thrift stores? I always find fairly good stuff, but it's always Forever 21 or unknown brands, never awesome Michael Kors skirts. I'm also really loving the tights and this bag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As per usual, I love your patterned tights. Glad that your spill down the hill only lead to a ripped seam. Hopefully you can fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That blazer is such a gorgeous color and I love the pretty printed scarf! And that skirt is so pretty (leather! yay!) but oh no it got ripped D: haha sliding down the hill totally sounds like something I would do too, I am super clumsy. That last picture is the best, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your baby girl is such a sweety!! more of her! :d

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! I hope you can fix your skirt. It is a really nice skirt. I love it paired with the yellow jacket. Is that jacket velvet?

    Also, I think the last photo is actually really good! It does a good job of showing off all the layers of your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great outfit collection!! Awesome & cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)