Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Parka, A Dress and some Snow
































Old Navy Parka and Wedge Boots
American Eagle Outfitters Blazer (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Blush Dress
Gold and Diamond Ring
Gold Hoops (Christmas present from one of my little brothers, he's so sweet!)
Urban Vibe Spike Bracelet (Sorry, I didn't get a picture of it.)
Fred Meyer Hat and Tights


I know, too many pictures but I'm just so excited about finally figuring out the lens!  Wooo, I had crazy fun taking pictures today, but maybe wearing my blush dress again and seeing the extended weather forecast had a hand in my exuberance.  We're suppose to get to 20 above zero by the middle of the week.  That's just crazy, I only remember one other year that we got this warm during the middle of January and never for this long.  Normally it's -50 below for two months by this point with a few days of -40 to -20 so I am one happy camper.  I keep trying not to mention the weather all of the time but when planning your entire week depends on how low the temperature is going to drop, it sort of takes over your life.

I mentioned this blush dress up above, since Christmas it's become one of my favorites.  I love soft colors like this and I even like the high-low hem on this one.  Knee length or longer skirts really tend to make me look stumpy and while I like a shorter hemline, it's awkward to always keep checking to make sure you're not flashing people.  I'm not a huge fan of maxi high-low dress or the drastic differences between some hemlines but I do really like the more subtle ones.  Yay for a little extra coverage for the behind!  (Well, I guess I could just wear longer dresses.   I must be a hussy at heart.)


13 comments:

  1. katie, let's talk about how darling you look in every hat you wear! the blush dress looks good on you, no wonder it's your fave. i also like the brown tones in your scarf & jacket too. being short myself, i don't dig the short high low hemline. i like it better on me when it's longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colors. That blazer is one of my favorite pieces in your closet:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of your dress! It looks amazing with your scarf and the layers.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad you're sharing so many pictures - the photos are amazing, katie! and that blazer is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfit...
    Amazing pics...
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice job with the photos! you're definitely getting better and better. and your dresses are getting more beautiful and more beautiful. pink pieces simply tend to catch my eye and well, your dress is gorgeous! and this gentle shade of pink works incredibly well with your blue tights. nice combo!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it warmed up to -40 for you...must be so warm :) Love the blazer with the dress and that scarf looks so cute & cozy!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol I must be a hussy at heart as well...gotta show of dem legs! ;)
    Haha, you work it girl.
    I love how the photos have been turning out too - your eyes are so piercing in these! That blush pink color is gorgeous on you.

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katie, i honestly know nothing about cameras but I can see the difference in the pictures, its much brighter and clearer. I haven't been one for Parkas but seeing how you styled it with a feminine pink dress and cute plaid blazer, I am very much intrigued, this is how I would like it styled too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how you do it, but you never look silly when you're looking directly at the camera! I always feel ridiculous and hate my pictures but you look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oerfect outfit I like alll combination and I would like to wear something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, there's so much I love about this. The blush dress is gorgeous and I'm such a sucker for parkas like this. The contrast between them is perfect! But I do not know how you do it. I'm going back to the Midwest this weekend and to snow, but I can't even imagine THAT much cold! I seriously admire you for living like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)