Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Zombie Apocalypse is the new Scientology














No Label Faux Leather Jacket
Fred Meyer Hat, Scarf and Tights
Mia2 Loafers (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Denim Shirt
Preston S. York Skirt (thrifted)
Liz Claiborne Leather Handbag (thrifted)
Pacsun Necklace

I need to pay more attention before I take photographs, adjusting my skirt and jacket would have helped this a bit! (And I forgot to take off my scarf, it doesn't really go with the outfit but it was soft.  I'm lame, I know.)     There's been a quick warm up over the past two days, we went from -48 below to a high of -10, it feels like paradise right now.  My two little siblings just got back from school in Galena and it was -60 and colder there this past week, they really thought it was a heat wave when their plane landed in Fairbanks.

No matter what time I take pictures right now, there's just no light.  The sun just barely skirts the horizon for a couple of hours and then dips back down, I think we're down to maybe two and half hours of sunlight right now and it's more of a bright twilight/dusk than sunlight.   The 21st is the winter solstice and assuming the world doesn't explode that day, the days should start getting longer.

Evan and I were watching the Zombie Apocalypse documentary on last night and while I do love zombies and I might occasionally think, "Wow, this store would really stuck to be in if zombies struck," the people on that show have definitely drank the koolaid.

17 comments:

  1. Loving this post. So fabulous!

    I'm hosting a $100 Lulus.com gift card giveaway on the blog. Hope you can enter!

    goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of an LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, oh man this zombie apocalypse has been almost a trend! Its so rampant now. I think its entertaining, but I wonder just how many people take it seriously. Craziness.
    Anyway, it always makes me smile when I see what you call a heat wave. Its crazy how cold it is there!
    I like your print skirt and the brown jacket - I'm seriously searching for something similar.

    Enter to win a $30 giftcard to Rire!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zombies are a serious fad right now and they're fun, but after watching the people on that show preparing for an actual zombie outbreak was a little insane. (When people at the point of wondering if they would be able to shoot their kids if they were infected, they need to take a serious step back. I think that part was what disturbed me the most, that this is really being taken so seriously by some people.)
      Thank you so much, I love brown leather jackets, they're a really nice alternative to the normal black leather and actually seem a little more wearable.

      Delete
  3. I actually like it with the scarf - I thought it was a great touch of colour. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, I watched a similar show yesterday with my fiance and felt the same way because those people were CRAZY hilarious. we'll see what tomorrow brings :P anyway, that is a gorgeous outfit and I especially love the trio of your bright tights, cute shirt and bold skirt. awesome pattern mixing as well!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, it would be awful if they were right and tomorrow the outbreak began! Those shows are always so crazy, I totally understand people being prepared to disasters and stuff, but some of these people get prepared for the weirdest things!

      Delete
  5. You really only get 2.5 hours of sunlight per day? That is so crazy! Anyhow - love that skirt - such a cute pattern! And zombies totally freak me out :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute look.=) And it looks so beautiful with all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just going to comment that I liked the plaid scarf with the tribal print skirt. Sometimes the best combos happen by accident!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that is so crazy that you're down to 2.5 hours of sunlight! And the temperatures just blow my mind. I can't even begin to imagine what -60 feels like.

    I love the tribal print on your skirt and how you mixed it with the plaid!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Dec. Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 60 below!? Wow. I can't even imagine. I love the print on your skirt, it's so cute. You look so pretty, love the hat too!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've only seen -60 below and colder a few times but the village that they're out in gets just insanely cold. And thank you!

      Delete
  10. Love your Outfit ,the Colours and patterns work so beautiful together! You look amazing ,love it :)
    i´m a Fan of this Fashion-Blog :))

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have never in my life felt -60. i don't think i ever want to. wow! how do you look so gorgeous in such cold weather?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Katie, I always look forward to your comments, you are so insightful! I agree on the scuba dress, I don't think it's a trend for everyone's taste, maybe just the athletic types ;)
    Woah -60!! I like your enthusiasm about the -10 heatwave, thats actually the lowest the temperature has ever been here in winter. This goes down as one of my favourite looks of yours, the brazen mix of patterns works wonderfully, you always pull this off with ease. You've really got me interested in getting a pair of coloured tights!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The title of this post cracked me up. And then the photos made me so cold- I don't know if I could handle that temp!! You have a great blog lady! I'm your newest follower and I'm excited to read more!
    xo, Sarah www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)