Thursday, December 27, 2012

Zebras and stripes










































Old Navy Faux Leather Jacket
Pacsun Striped Blazer
Ya Silk Dress (thrifted)
Chinese Laundry Tights
Madden Girl Boots (Famous Footwear long ago.)
Icing Scarf

Wow, that's a lot of pictures with my hands stuffed into my pockets.  I guess that's what I get for forgetting my gloves.  I'm slowly figuring out the focus on this new lens but I still need a ton of practice, I'll just apologize now for the slightly blurry photos! (Although, it would be great to actually have some light for once.)

My little sister offered to babysit the kids today so Evan and I could go see The Hobbit. ("There and Back Again!"  I refuse to use "An Unexpected Journey.")  I have some pretty mixed feelings on the movie but that's really a rant for another day, it was just lovely to get a few hours to spend alone with Evan.   I'm trying to decided if I can talk my sister into one more babysitting before she heads back to school, I really want to see Les Miserables.   It's one of my favorite stories and I'm really excited to see how the actors singing live during the production worked out.  (And it's got a pretty killer cast.)

It's funny looking back through my pictures how often I reach for this jacket!  It's turned out to be one of my better purchases  I wear it all of the time and I really like how the brown faux leather doesn't have as "tough" a look as black leather does.  

12 comments:

  1. Love the Colours and different textures ,the leather Jacket works so amazing with the beautiful Skirt!

    Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog!

    follow for a follow and NEW GIVEAWAY SAMANTHA WILLIS ON MY BLOG!

    www.rueabbey.blogspot.com.au

    - S xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. another lovely outfit!
    I don't know why but I just love the combo of blue and stripes. it reminds me of seaside and ships and well, yeah, I just love it! I also like it how those boots, the belt and your jacket nicely match. and what a fun scarf that is!
    good luck with your new lens btw!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this winter look inspired by stripes and see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a pretty dress! Love how the stripes and zebra print look together.

    I really want to see Les Mis too but I might want till it comes out on DVD since I heard such mixed reviews.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like this combo. Hope that you get some more nights out! I know first hand how few and far between they are ;).

    ReplyDelete
  7. leather jackets are really great pieces to work with, and I wont blame you for hands in pockets - my fingers freeze off every time I go out for outfit photos!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie, hope you had the most wonderful and memorable Christmas! Good to hear you got some free time to go movie viewing, I actually can't recall the last time I went to the movies (maybe because I live in the middle of nowhere). This is my hands down favorite outfit of yours this month. I am a sucker for anything striped and I like the nautical style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. katie, i adore this whole outfit! the faux brown coat, with the zebra scarf, that skirt (i want to steal), the boots, the striped blouse, and the tights. hope enjoyed the movie with your love. your sis is sweet for babysitting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you just love when that happens - you find a piece that works so perfectly with everything, you HAVE to use it a lot! Haha, that brown leather jacket does go perfectly with everything. :)
    What a fun scarf too, I love it!
    Ah man, I still haven't seen The Hobbit yet. Don't tell me anything!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun way to pull off double stripes - that zebra scarf makes me smile whenever I see it. :) Yay for baby-sitting so you could go on a movie date! I've heard and read mixed things about "The Hobbit" ... would love to hear what you thought!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)