Monday, December 31, 2012

Whoa nelly....






























Gap Cardigan
Banana Republic silk Blouse
American Eagle Outfitters skirt
Chinese Laundry Tights
Rampage Boots
Vintage Silver and Turquoise Earrings (christmas gift)
Vintage Rings (gifts)


..that's a lot of print.  I really like this outfit in parts, but I think different boots might have helped it.  (Or maybe I'm just over-thinking it all.)  I am glad that I did wear the tall boots, I tried to take a few pictures in the woods across from my parents' house and with the deep snow I couldn't see where the little bridge over the small creek was since the snow was level with it.  I stepped right off the bridge and right into hip deep snow!  Yikes, that was cold!

We didn't have much going on for New Years, we all went riding this afternoon and did a bunch of baking when we got home.  The kids and I did get to go see a fireworks show and we got some little poppers and sprinklers to play with which the kids loved. (Who does love sparklers?  They're so fun!)  Then it was board and card games and that's it.  Yeah, we're just about the most boring people ever when it comes to New Years.  Not much excitement here.  

I hope everyone has had a fun and safe New Years so far, it's crazy to think that 2013 is here already.  Here's to 2013 being the year that world peace happens and hunger and fear is stamped out!

I know, not likely, but let's give it a try.

10 comments:

  1. happy new year, dear Katie! and thank you for all the wonderful comments, I love reading those.
    btw, I fell in love with your skirt. it's absolutely gorgeous. the shape, those colours, the pattern - everything's perfect. and it looks lovely together with that long comfy sweater. in addition you always wear the coolest tights.
    oh and the name of your post! I remember that album from Nelly Furtado. I loved it!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I am swooning over that printed skirt, its delightful! Wishing you a very Happy 2013! May it bring you everything you hope for...and more. It was a pleasure getting to know you this past year, I am so lucky to have found your blog, your effervescence and humour has been a daily highlight for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. printing mixing love!
    happy new year! Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually love print mixing, and like the colours in your skirt! Lovely outfit! Happy new year. /Madison

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love sparklers, sparkles, and your skirt! i would wear that, and the tights together too, so it's not too much print for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the patter mixing, and that skirt is amazing. Outfits like this make me happy:)

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cardigan is awesome. I love the elbow patches. You always incorporate the cutest little equestrian inspired touches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)