Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Party weather








































Old Navy Wool Coat
Old Navy Faux Leather Jacket
Mac and Jac Olbong Polka Dot Silk Dress (thrifted)
Fred Meyer Tights, Hat and Ring
Carhart Gloves (So not stylish, but I've manage to lose my other gloves.)
Shi Shoes
Coach Handbag (thrifted)


Man, Old Navy might not make the best button up shirts but they sure know how to make a wool coat.  This coat is such a regular in my closet, the classic camel color is so versatile and non-trendy and the fit is fantastic. (Plus, I only paid like $15 for it.  How can you beat that?)  Old Navy can have some dodgy quality on some of their items, like the aforementioned button up shirts, but they really do make great jeans and wool coats.

I'm really shaking my head over the fact that I haven't wore this dress on the blog yet.  It's one of those dresses that looked really drab and shapeless and boring on the hanger at the thrift store but I love it on.  I try to keep my eyes out for nice quality stuff at the second hand shops so even when I don't recognize a brand, if the fabric and cut is nice, I'll take it.  I looked up this brand online and apparently it's a JCP line.  I'm kind of shocked because I didn't know that JCP carried silk garments   But then, Old Navy carried silk and cashmere back in the day, so anything's possible.

It warmed up a bit today so I rebelled and wore some sandal wedges like a crazy person, it feels like I've been wearing boots non stop for the past few months. In my defense, there were people running around in just tee shirts today, so sandals were completely appropriated from a Fairbanks standpoint.  Shesh, it hits twenty below here and everyone starts dressing like it's beach party time.  I remember the first time I visited Fairbanks in the wintertime, it was twenty five below zero which being from Seward and Wasilla was flipping cold.  I was so shocked to see people running around in their tee shirts and shorts, being all happy about the "heat wave."  I thought they were insane.

I guess I should mention that right after I took that last picture  I went to move the camera and fell flat on my face, right in front of the dude walking by.    Yeah, I got a good look out of that.

22 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, i'm glad my idea of a heatwave in december is 60° and I love that you are wearing sandals in the snow!!

    the dress is really pretty - i definitely always keep an eye out for quality fabrics when i'm thrifting!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirts and shorts in 25 below??? *_* Oh my word, I think my body would go into convulsions. Haha, I think sandals are a more appropriate choice then. At least you've got that chic, warm coat to balance it out! And I like that dress on you - definitely not drab or boring on you! :)
    Ahahaha, oh man, I've had those kind of instances happen - falling on my face happens much too often for me xD I usually catch myself, but it's dramatic enough it draws attention. Ugh.

    Enter to win a $30 giftcard to Rire!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking so pretty! really missed you! Thanks so much for stopping by sweetie; if you'd like to follow each other via BLOGLOVIN, just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, heat wave.:D I'm cold just thinking about it!!:) But you look lovely. Hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coat is Old Navy? So cute! Love the dress, especially with the red tights :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pop of red tights is perfect for the weather and the holidays :)

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie...I adore how you bravely wore sandals (a stunning pair at that) in such freezing weather, thats true fashion blogger style sense! Also love the bright red tights with it... it makes an impact. The camel coat is such a classic, I think one like this would last season upon season. Uh oh over falling down...are you okay?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha that is so funny about the heat wave! I usually don't wear sandals till it's 70! I LOVE your coat...it is such a classic piece. I've been looking for a camel coat so I will have to check out ON. Maybe after the holidays when everything will be really reduced.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Dec. Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad this dress finally made it's debut! It's so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute look.=) I love that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so i have to know... you said it "warmed up" today - what exactly is "warm up" up there? 0 degrees? 10 degrees? cause it looks FREEZING!! but you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the coat. It seems like when it is winter time here, I'm stuck in my coat if I am out shopping or doing anything away from home, so it's important to have a cute coat. I love the look :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cobmination. I always wnated camel coat but I didnt find the right one for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it amazing how our bodies and expectations adjust when we've lived in a certain climate for awhile?

    I had a camel wool Old Navy peacoat for YEARS and donated it when we moved after I got my gray wool coat. Now I'm sad that I donated it. I hope whoever found it at the thrift store loves it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your dress! I think I have that same wool coat from Old Navy, or something very similar to it. I love it, it just goes with everything. 20 below is beach time?? I was telling someone that when it hits 50 here in Boston, we consider that practically beach weather... but you totally win! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this dress as well! What a great thrift find. I need to do that more often. Ha-ha and you are to funny! you are allowed to wear all the boots you want because you live in the coldest part or our country!!! BRR!! Shorts in -20 degrees weather? Yikes! Stay warm my friend! :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I can't believe you're wearing wedges in snow! Love the look!

    xx
    Sophisticated Lace

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Great shots! All that snow is amazing! Loving how you added the colored tights!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. this outfit is lovely!! dresses and skirts really suit you! you're a beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)