Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Not predictable at all



































Fleet St. Coat
No Label Faux Leather Jacket (thrifted)
Gap Cardigan (thrifted)
Dear Creatures Top (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Jeans
DV by Dolce Vita Shoes
Craft-fair Purse (Christmas gift from my little brother.)
Fred Meyer Hat


Whew!  We just finished packing up the last box to be mailed off for Christmas, tomorrow the kids and 
I brave the post office.  (It wouldn't be so dangerous if people didn't come armed with their ice cleats.)  Our post office has the tiniest parking lot, it's maybe twenty parking spaces for the whole city of Fairbanks and there's very little parking around downtown so it always ends up being hike to the post office. (Which is why we always cheat and go to the little one between North Pole and Fairbanks!  A twenty mile round trip is nothing compared to waiting in line for hours and praying that you get out off there before the time limit runs out on the parking spots.  Those parking authority people are way too on top of their jobs.)

I suppose I should talk a little bit about my outfit, I've been slacking on that lately and this is suppose to be a style blog.  Um, burgundy pants go with everything.

Seriously, they do.  I haven't sound anything in my closet so far that doesn't work with these pants.  That might be due more to my color choices rather than the versatility of burgundy colored pants. 



14 comments:

  1. Haha, burgundy really does make a lovely accompanying color to anything! I love what you wore with yours too.
    And wow...sounds like quite the adventure to just go to the post offic! Haha, good luck.
    Also, it made me laugh when I read your comment on my moles. I remember when I was little I got irritated by peers coming up to me, staring at my face before asking: "Hey, did you know there are two dots right under your eyes?"
    Lol, but I love them now. Anyway, all of that to say thanks :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, now I feel awful! I thought that they were little freckles or possibly little tattoos, they really are just the coolest, prettiest feature and they look so gorgeous on you. (I'm a little jealous, I've always wanted to have pretty freckles or a really special feature like that, you're just the prettiest girl and they make your eyes look so brilliant.)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the post office! I think they all get very busy around this time, but that's another reason for your local authorities to think of extra parking... Hope it all goes well for you.
    Love this look - the trousers are great and the jacket and hat are also beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi!!
    love ur style! and that hat is sooo nice!
    do you wanna follow each other???
    xxx
    www.themidniteblues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the first thing I noticed was this combo of your beautiful top and classy belt. it just has this lovely vintage feeling in my eyes.
    and you're so right when it comes to burgundy pants. I totally agree, those just go with anything and they make an outfit shine.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the print on that top!! And yes, burgundy pants DO go with everything - I have a pair that I wear all the time. Hope the post office wasn't too busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lot of diferent textures and layers and all looks so warm and cozy and stylish :) Now I have snow in my city :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what an ordeal just to mail packages! Every time I see you out in snow I just think how I'd be in a parka bundled up with a scarf, hat, and gloves :) And I think I need a pair of burgundy pants in my life!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Earrings Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How are those boots holding up after tromping through the snow day after day? I always worry about getting my non-snow boots all wet with snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These boots have been awesome this winter. I did waterproof them before that start of winter and I try to take care of them but they've been really durable, I'm so pleased with them!

      Delete
  9. Aw, this was a very nice post. Taking the time and actual effort to make a good article…
    but what can I say… I put things off a lot and never seem
    to get anything done.
    Also see my website - put

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck at the post office! I actually didn't think I could pull burgundy pants off in my closet because I'd have nothing to wear them with...but now you've made me think twice about them. Love the hat and boots, you have the best boot collection

    ReplyDelete
  11. katie, you sure can rock a hat missy! ;) nice patterned blouse, with the boots. i like the details of your thrifted jacket too. i have burgundy pants, but i don't wear them that often. maybe i didn't get the they go with everything memo? i loathe going to the post office. it's a traffic jam to get there, because in texas, we nearly always have traffic on the freeway. then it takes longer waiting in line than i want it to. there's too many people where i live. yes, i'm whining.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha ha burgundy pants do go with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)