Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas



























Merry Christmas all!   It's been a busy but fun week and everyone has really enjoyed themselves.  Christmas Eve my little sister and brother accompanied Evan, the kids and I to the Santa House over in North Pole.  It's probably North Pole's only tourist attraction and while it does gets quite a bit of business during the summer, it's always packed the week leading up to Christmas. (Which I guess is like duh Katie, it's Christmas.)  Izzy and Gunnar got to see Santa although Izzy was too shy to actually sit on Santa's lap, she just hid behind me the entire time.  She did peek out when Santa asked her what she wanted for Christmas, she looked around my leg and said, "A pony."
After we saw Santa we headed back to Mom and Dads house.  We pulled in the drive, everyone hopped out and started walking past the barn when Izzy just started screaming.

























That Santa does some fast work.
Isabel ran up to fence, yelling the entire time, "It's my pony!  My pony!"  she was just about beside herself over this adorable little guy.  He's a little five year old registered Shetland pony and is just the sweetest little doll, he does need a bit of training which is going to be a lot of fun.   He has the nicest ground manners, Izzy led him all over the place, she was so determined to jump up on him right there and then that she led him over to a snowbank and was trying to crawl on his back. (The little guy was so obliging about the whole thing, he just stood there.)  Dollar is so happy to have a little pony as well, the other pony we were trying to buy ended up not working out and while Dollar is really happy in his new home, he needs a buddy.  The two are fast friends now, this morning they were both eating out of the grain bucket.

































Isn't he the cutest little guy?  Izzy rode him this morning and he was just so careful and sweet to her, she's just completely in love with him.  It's so wonderful to see her be able to have something special like this, I got my first pony when I was her age and I use to sneak out to the barn to curl up in her stall with her. (She was the sweetest pony, she'd lay down and I'd snuggle right up to her and she'd never move.)   Izzy decided his name is Merry Christmas, or Merryleggs for short. (It's insanely adorable to hear her calling out to him, "I love you Merryleggs!")  I wish I had more pictures of her with him, I'll have to get more in the days to come.

Everyone just had a really wonderful Christmas, my whole family has gotten together for the past couple days and hung out with each other, we're all close and it's always nice to get together for some fun.
































I hope you all had a Delightful Christmas and enjoyed yourselves.  I'll be back tomorrow with some outfit posts and get back into the swing of things.  Merry Christmas everyone!

11 comments:

  1. so beautiful family time :) Merry Christmas and have a great time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Izzy named him Merryleggs! What an amazing gift...what little girl doesn't want her own pony? :) Glad to hear you had a great Christmas!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, what an adorable post! :) I remember I used to want a pony when I was a little girl but never got one.. but I still can imagine how happy your little girl is. sounds like the cutest relationship ever :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. A PONY FOR CHRISTMAS?!?!!? so jealous. love it!! Merry Christmas, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the cute ponies! I am sure that was so magical for that cute gal to get her pony right after asking for it!!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome for you little girl.....that's every little girl's dream isn't it????

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's so fun you got a pony!!! hope you had a great Christmas!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwwww merryleggs, how cute! :) hope you had a merry merry ho ho ho katie girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Pictures! ♡

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo sweet, Merryleggs is adorable (and has an adorable name too). This is such a happy post, it makes me smile :) I'm glad Izzy and Dollar have a new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Izzy! I have always wanted a pony ... it's my usual answer when my mom asks what I'd like for Christmas. The funny thing this year is, that when my mom asked my twin sis what she wanted for Christmas, she gave the same answer! Great minds think alike - and we had a serious horse obsession growing up. :)
    Looking forward to more pics of Izzy with Merryleggs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)