Monday, December 10, 2012

Lace, darkness and falling snow






































   
Old Navy Coat
Gianni Dress (thrifted)
Kardashian for Sears Lace Blouse
Fred Meyer Tights
Rampage Boots (Fred Meyer)
Vintage Jewelry

Phew, it's been a busy weekend.  I had every intention of updating last night or even this morning, but stuff more important than blog posts happened.  These pictures were taken around one this afternoon,  I still can't believe that it was this dark already.  (Well, I guess the thick cloud cover didn't help.)  At least we got to play outside a little bit, Izzy and Gunnar loved playing on this little snow hill and Gunnar helped take most of the pictures.  He really like the new tripod, it's easy for him to set up and he thinks moving the camera around on it is great fun.  Isabel just wanted to dance in front of the camera, she always gets excited seeing her face on the screen.

I love this lace blouse as a layering piece for under dresses, it never looks bulky and the little collar is really fun but I don't think I've ever worn the blouse on it's own.    And you know what, that's really all I can think of for tonight, my brain is about mush.  (Wait, doesn't that happen every night?)   I'm about at the point where nothing I type makes sense and my fingers are randomly typing in words that don't belong.  I'll talk to you all in the morning, goodnight guys.



21 comments:

  1. love the jacket.

    and justfab is like high target quality if that makes sense ;)
    Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, your kids are soooo cute! i knew they would be. katie, your outfit is divine! i want it. you look beautiful. the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lace in this outfit! Your kids are cuties!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, it is quite alright to feel like your brain is mush. I know that feeling all too well. But don't worry - like the saying goes, a picture's worth a thousand words :)
    And these pictures are saying "Gorgeous!" Love the lace you layered under the dress, it adds such a cool touch <3

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you wore the lace blouse underneath the dress, the bow and collar looks really pretty :) And it looks like the dress has lace sleeves, that is such a cool effect! The little snow hill looks like a lot of fun, do your kids go sledding there? haha my brain turns a bit mushy at night too which is why it is so bad when I do homework late at night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear, I love how you wore the lace top under the beautiful red dress, it looks so feminine and pretty, the chic coat was the perfect accompaniment! How cold is it now, it looks freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the 4th pic from the bottom - you look SO pretty! And you are so brave for taking off your jacket, but so glad you did because that dress is lovely :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that lace blouse layered. I bet you could layer it under a verst too! Dark at 1pm? I bet you're happy the days will start getting longer again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dress is so pretty and it is so nice to see the little ones making appearance (so adorable!!!)
    Hope you had a quiet and relaxing night! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That lace blouse goes so well with the dress that I thought it was part of it! I can't believe how dark it is by 1 pm...I will never complain about it daylight savings time again :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Earrings Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love how you layered the lace blouse under the dress, it looks SO pretty on you! It gets dark at 1pm?! I'm not sure I can handle that...

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  12. This may be one of my favorite looks of yours recently! The lace top under the dress with the patterned tights?? Amazing! And that coat fits you so well. It's almost as if you had it tailored.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Pictures! You look beautiful ,amazing Colours ,dark red and lace suits you very well!

    big Hug :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lace looks gorgeous with the garnet dress. What a beautiful backdrop - I don't handle cold well but I'd love to walk through such a beautifully wintry landscape someday. :)
    I also love that ring you're wearing - it's wonderfully ornate and accents your eyes so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful lighting in this pics! It must be freezing cold though!

    XX

    www.themirroronthewall.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh I really like the layering of that outfit! black and red look so good together and your lip colour is beautiful too. and I like your coat! it reminds me of my own a bit.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, it's crazy dark so early! love the lace blouse under that dress, it's as if they were made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, I love how you've styled this dress. All you need is a glass of mulled wine and to be standing in a group of people around a piano singing Christmas carols :) But seriously, this is just beautiful. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)