Friday, December 7, 2012

If it's not the weather, it's horses




 
 Old Navy Coat
J.Crew Blazer (thrifted)
J.Crew Dress (thrifted)
Sears Sweater
Fred Meyer Tights
MIA2 Loafers (thrifted)
Kardashian Hat (Sears)

It's been a busy few weeks so I've been sort of a lackluster blogger.  I'm trying to stay really motivated to get out and take pictures in interesting spots, mostly because I enjoy playing around with the camera.  I'm definitely a blogger who frolics in the fields but that's due more to me having fun with the creative part of the photography.  It's something I've really fallen in love with and even though I normally only post outfits pictures, I'm trying to expand my horizons and take photos of the gorgeous landscape around me.  Winter is such an amazing time in Alaska to take pictures and even though there's a few challenging elements to it such as figuring out how to shoot in the ice fog and with the strange sunlight,  I'm learning a lot.  I'm waiting to see if I can get into a photography class up at UAF, but it's pretty full at the moment  I'm just crossing my fingers that someone will drop out.

We just moved Dollar to his now home at mom and dads and he's starting to settle in. (Even though he got out last night and dad had to go hunt him down.  The silly horse was walking down the back roads and dad jumped out of the truck, "BAD HORSE! Bleepbleeepbleep go bleeping home!"  And darn if Dollar didn't turn right back around and start hoofing it home.  Dad's definitely top of the food chain according to Dollar.)   It's going to be fun to get to work with him more now, he still has a huge gap in his education and while we're going to work him a little bit in dressage, he really seems to have more of a mind for jumping.  (The horse does not like being micro managed and dressage is pretty heavy on the micro managing.)   I keep forgetting to get the camera out where we're around him, I will eventually get some shots of him, he looks pretty cute now with his furry winter coat.

14 comments:

  1. I'm loving the hints of burgundy in your outfit, plus the photos look so good cos of the snow!

    xo, Carla
    misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com
    p.s. international giveaway on my blog, please come and join!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see a few photos of Dollar - he sounds adorable and sweet. This bridge makes a great location for the photos - it's like a winter fairy-tale! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason your outfit today really reminds me of The Music Man! Must be the white and burgundy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Outfit ,you look so super cute :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your scenery, you look like something out of a Christmas card! Taking pictures is definitely a fun past time, how lucky are the ones that get to do it professionally?! And cute outfit- I like your burgandy tights :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm lovin your outfit! you are so stunning :) love your blog lay out too ^_^

    Btw, am having my first giveaway. :) You might win awesome COSMETIC ORGANIZERS! ^_^
    I am hoping for your participation. ^_^
    Here's the link: http://thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com/2012/11/novemberrific-giveaway.html
    Looking forward for your participation :)
    Fallow my blog and I will SURELY follow your blog too :)
    Have a great day!

    Much Love!
    -Jan
    http://thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so cute and I'm loving these pictures on this bridge! Oh I'd love to see some pictures of Dollar! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Love that hat on you and this photo location is GORGEOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think the snow covered background looks really wonderful. Im jealous coz we dont get that over here in Southern California.

    http://delightfulideas.com/

    xo lala

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see more photography from you :)
    I only recently invested in my Nikon camera, and its AMAZING. I've signed up for a photography class next semester and I'm so excited to learn how to properly use it <3
    Anyway, lovely outfit as always girl, love that hat and cute skirt!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you've styled this shirtdress. WIth the sweater over top it kind of has a tuxedo feel to it. The third shot in this set is so artistic. I want to follow the path to see where it leads!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you should definitely share nature and animal photos if you take some :) I would love to see those! and of course this is another beautiful backdrop for your pictures. and I really like your outfit! looks freezing but really classy ;)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really hope you can take a photography class! I thought about signing up for one next semester but I need to focus on passing my oral exam. Someday ...
    I like the composition of these shots, and cranberry is definitely your color. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)