Monday, December 17, 2012

Ice Fog (is really hard to take pictures in)






















FS Limited Wool Coat
American Eagle Oufitters Scarf
Jack BB Dakota Fur Vest (thrifted)
Banana Republic Cardigan (thrifted)
J.Crew Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
J.Brand Jeans (Gift from my mom.)
Kirra Booties via Pacsun
Aquamarine earrings
Florite Ring with a Blue Tourmaline Band on each side


It was sort of a struggle to take pictures today, the ice fog was like soup all over town, this ended up being one of the few "sort of clear" spots I could find for picture taking.  It still wasn't great, unless I was really close to the camera, I couldn't get it to focus correctly and I couldn't figure out how to photograph through the fog.  I have so much to learn, but I'm hoping I can make some progress this winter with shooting in difficult weather conditions.   (I have so many ideas for pictures, but I just don't have the knowledge yet for the follow through.)

I'm trying to put together weather appropriate, interesting outfits, but the weather appropriate part seems to get in the way of the interesting part.  This past week I've sort of thrown my hands in the air and gone with my normal winter attire.  At least furry vests add a nice, warm layer.

And please, ignore the hat.  It's actually a face mask, but I thought that might look just a little odd for a style photographs, so I rolled it up.  (Is bank-robber-chic a thing yet?  Maybe next season, once we get past camouflage pants being cool.)

18 comments:

  1. love your scarf! such beautiful photos :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did really well for such difficult weather conditions. Actually, the fog kind of adds this dreamy, winter-like trance to the photos. But maybe that's just my perspective. Either way, I like this outfit! That furry vest is the perfect layer. And awesome print scarf :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty look! It's hard to get through this weather but still!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. I'm hosting a glasses giveaway on my blog here check it out!
    P.P.S. I'm your newest follower. check out my blog as well if you have sometime

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ring it's so pretty. Hope you stay warm. Have a lovely week. /xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the foggy photos - they look awesome! And you could totally pull off bank robber chic :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha at least you got some decent photos through the fog! love the background, and your ring :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...what is ice fog?...it actually sounds like something I would love. It gives your photos a magical hazy effect. This is an interesting look, the beautifully textured vest, the print mix and lovely scarf. And that aqua ring is gorgeous! P.S Thanks for your kind comment over at F&T, Ray is thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute look.=) Looks really cold....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I applaud you for continuing to go out into the cold to get outfit photos! And the background is just gorgeous :) Love your scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your warm, furry scarf! I still am in awe that you take photos day after day in the freezing cold/snow!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Dec. Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you've done great despite the difficult weather. and that "hat" is not bad at all, at least it doesn't bother me. oh and the vest! I saw something similar in a thrift store but it was way too big which is such a shame because I need (actually want) a furry vest for myself! :P

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Is bank-robber-chic a thing yet?" You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking adorable! Thanks so much for visiting, would you like to follow each other via BLOGLOVIN?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Pictures ,the last is my Favorite! Great Outfit ,looks perfect :)

    kisses ♡

    ReplyDelete
  15. that ring is beautiful--wow! my husband was born in Alaska.. I need him to take me someday.
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete
  16. yeah i'm with sharon!! you ROCK the cold weather photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish you could see your blog through an outsider's eyes. Here's what's going through my head: 1) That hat looks totally cool and like it was meant to be part of the outfit. And bonus! You can keep your face and head warm after photos. Where can I get one? 2) Katie gets the coolest backgrounds for her blog photos. Some photographers would probably spend hours editing to get that soft light and haziness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)