Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Caught in the headlights





































No Label Faux Leather Jacket (thrifted)
Icing Scarf
Gap Plaid Shirt (thrifted)
Gap Skirt (thrifted)
Fred Meyer tights and Socks
Dublin Riding Boots (Dover Saddley, birthday gift from my mom.)

I think it's shaping up to be one of those months.  Last night the computer crashed thanks to a virus and this afternoon when the kids and I got home, I noticed a weird smell in the hallway when we opened the door.  Turns out the outlet by the door was on fire.   A few exciting minuets and expletives later, the fire was out and the landlord was called.  The computer was easy to fix but we're not really sure what happened to the outlet, I'm just really thankful that we came home when we did.  (And the kids have now learned some new words that I'm sure they'll bring out next time they visit Grandpa and Grandma.  Oh dear.  I'm usually really good about watching my language but today we had to have a talk about bad words and why we shouldn't say them, which applies even to mommy when the house is on fire.)

I've been getting lots of use out of my actual riding boots these past couple days, its been snowing like crazy the past couple days and these boots are so nice for wintertime.  They have killer traction on the ice and are pretty toasty.  (And I'm a weirdo who likes wearing her riding gear everywhere.)   The snow made it possible to take pictures a little later in the day as well, hooray for snow being so reflective of light.



20 comments:

  1. That is a nice thing about snow...haha, it reflects light wonderfully!
    Hahaha! And oh man, you just know they'll start dropping those words at the most inappropriate times.. xD
    Anyway, love the colored tights with this outfit. Awesome job at layering as usual :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God... That must have been pretty scary. You poor thing! So glad nothing serious happened to the house.
    I wish we had snow here - I always say that snow makes it so easy to walk in the dark because it's so reflective.
    Have a good day!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, you definitely have a lot of snow there! yesterday and today it has been snowing here in Estonia too and I don't like it because getting rid of the snow around our house is kind of annoying :P anyway, what a cute outfit that is! I like the combo of your girly skirt and edgy leather jacket.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Glad everything with the outlet turned out OK but that totally sucks about the computer. Hope the rest of the week is better for you :) You look so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is crazy about the outlet but I'm glad you were home to put the fire out! Every time you wear your zebra scarf I want it :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Earrings Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, sorry to hear about your day, I am glad nothing serious was damaged. I am liking the warm and endearing colour palette in your outfit.Cute scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lot of snow, but those riding boots look nice and toasty! Glad the fire wasn't more serious and that you got your computer fixed. Hope the rest of your week goes better:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes an outlet fire!? So glad it wasn't too bad and you found it in time. I can't believe how much there is there. It looks pretty, but I bet it's just freezing! You look super cute, I just love that leather jacket.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, your outlet randomly caught on fire?? That's not good! I hope your landlord is responsive.

    Can we see some upclose shots of your boots? I think we all have "riding boots" but I want to see some real riding boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a carbon dioxide detector plugged in, but the fire was from within the outlet. We're not really sure what happened, we're waiting for an electrician to come check it all out. (It's such an old building though, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the wiring.) I will post a few close up of the boots, they're not traditional riding boots but they're pretty awesome.

      Delete
  10. I love the photo where the lights are shining on your ensemble! So cute!
    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com
    P.S. You should totally enter in C.Michelles Favorite Things Giveaway! I am giving away a $25 gift card to TJmaxx n’ Betsey Johnson Fragrance! Enter
    --

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy smokes, sorry about the house fire! That's insane. Good news though, you look fabulous. Love the headlight photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. P.S Thanks for your great comments, they are always fun to read...you need your own talk show, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that is scary!!! That outlet thing happened to me once. It was very scary indeed. It even made that loud electric sound, you know the kind on TV when someone is being fried! Glad all is well. Damn it is snowy there! Great photos love the whole blue snow theme to your blog : )

    Ali of:

    www.aliandang.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the layered outfit!

    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely color palette - I like the masterful mix of warm and cool - blue and cranberry play off each other so nicely! :) And I would have never thought that a zebra scarf would be so versatile, but you've shown otherwise. It's windy here right now, so you may have inspired me to wear my animal-print scarf.
    Sounds like a very eventful day! Isn't it funny how the little ones soak up certain things you don't want them to absorb? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great look :)

    I really like your skirt :) !



    Have a warm weekend !

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty photos! The snow makes it look so ethereal. Love the color of your tights!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)