Sunday, December 16, 2012

Always on my mind




























































J.Crew Blazer (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Scarf
White Cap-sleeved Sweater (thrifted)
JBrand Jeans (ebay)
Fred Meyer Knee Socks
Dublin Boots (Dover Saddlery, birthday gift from my parents.)
Fred Meyer Bracelets
Vintage Gold Ring,Vintage Pink Sapphire Flower Earrings


Whoa, I've been on a kick with these boots.  I guess that's what happens when it finally snows, I ended up wearing my practical gear.  I sort of got a little giggle out of wearing this outfit, it's basically a deconstructed show jumping look! (Well, no button up with a monogrammed collar, that might have been overkill, even for me.)  From the fitted blazer to the jodhpur inspired jeans and my none traditional riding boots, it's actually a very functional riding outfit, just maybe not with the belt and the white shirt. (Never  wear white at the barn.  I swear, the ponies see a white shirt and they'll go take a big sip of water, come over pretending to want snuggles and then proceed to slobber the water all over your nice, clean shirt.)

13 comments:

  1. Love the Bracelet! Gorgeous Outfit ,amazing Pop of Pink ♡

    kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wheee cutie booties! The blazer is so cool amd love the bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww so cute look and beautiful snowy landscape <3
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha @ the story about ponies! I think dogs can be the same. when you wear something new/extra clean then they want to "hug" after eating something yummy, haha. at least my Elvis tends to do that.
    anyway, I think your white sweater looks really pretty with that belt and jacket. goes nicely with your hair colour too :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Love the pink lining on your jacket poking out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layering of the sweater, blazer, and scarf! Nothing wrong with an equestrian look since you do ride after all :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Dec. Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You comment about the ponies and the slobber cracked me up! I swear, animals just know when you don't want your outfit to get all gross.

    Your outfit is so preppy yet practical and cute. I love it and want it in my own closet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is preppy and cute - I like it. I also like those boots, it snowed (yay!) this weekend and it reminded of the fact I need something that I can wear in bad weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are adorable! I'm the same way, once it gets wet I pull out the trusty snow boots and wear nothing but until March :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. no way! I didn't know that ponies did that! That's hilarious :) My husband and I had a little conversation about practicality this weekend because I was making fun of my parents and their decision to buy themselves automatic starters for Christmas. I guess I've been away from the AK too long to remember how freaking awesome those babies are. hahaha.
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I like the term, 'deconstructed show jumping look', very fresh and inventive! Its a very stylish riding outfit, the boots look so cute and functional too. Never mind white at the barn and ponies (I shouldn't be wearing it around my cat either)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that blazer is absolutely amazing, katie!! a great, yet functional, riding outfit for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)