Friday, December 21, 2012

A lace dress and a parka









Old Navy Parka
American Eagle Outfitters Hat and Lace Dress
Gap Cardigan (thrifted)
Fred Meyer Tights (many, many pairs of them, I've got about five on here.)
Mia2 Loafers (thrifted)
Effy Sapphire Pendant

Well, it appears we're all still here, although there's still a couple more hours left to the 21st. No "Happy End of the World" party tonight folks.

A little while ago I won a contest that the lovely Ms Erin over at Loops Looks was holding. (It was really cool and exciting since I've only ever won one one small raffle in my life.)   She generously offered a gift card to the winner which was so fun, the kids and I got to go see a movie with part of it and I was able to get a few fun things at AE(on crazy clearance) with the rest off the gift card.  This dress was one of those items, I have trouble saying no to a pretty lace dress and this one ended up being only $6 after the extra 40% off clearance and a 20% off coupon.   (And thank you Erin so much!)

Not only did this lovely dress end up being a gift from Erin, but then she always gave me a great idea for wearing them.  I love patterned tights but I always sort of worry about styling them in a juvenile manner.  Erin had a post earlier this week about wearing patterned tights for the office, so I copied her shamelessly and paired these tights with a sheath dress and cardigan.  (It looks like an a-line dress belted, but it was actually labeled as a sheath dress.)  I of course made it a little weird with the parka, hat and loafers but I'll take any chance I can get right now not to wear boots. 


23 comments:

  1. I like the dress with the patterned tights a lot! AND even with the parka and the shoezies! It actually makes it look really casual :)Keep warm!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, I can't imagine wearing loafers with snow but you did it and it looks pretty cool! I only wear boots these days because it's freezing and my toes would turn into ice otherwise, haha. anyway, I also wanted to say your new lace dress looks beautiful and I like the hat very much. congrats on your win too! ;)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie, you are one brazen gal to be braving the freezing cold without boots! Congrats on your amazing win, the dress is beautiful and so feminine, and it will always be a wonderful reminder of that. You have the best collection of tights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still am in awe that you don't let the snow and cold get you down in your dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great dress :) you always have some very intresting dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, that's the great thing about blogs - you get inspiration from them and can copy them shamelessly! ;) Haha, I love how it turned out on you too - great choice with that dress! So very pretty on you.

    Enter to win a $30 giftcard to Rire!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much snow! I am so jealous. And you look fabulous!
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie...the dress and patterned tights look really adorable together; but it looks way to cold to be wearing them outside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. katie, i can't get enough of that hat. i can't take my eyes off the tights. i'm spellbound. i can't imagine wearing 5 layers of tights. wooo hoo to your new lace dress and giveaway! woo hoo to the belt too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, the whole thing is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that's in fact excellent, keep up writing.
    Feel free to surf my blog thousand

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post !

    Wow loving your hat :) !


    I want to invite you to join my Christmas giveaway to win a Frenchonista clutch worth $150 !!

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!

    Love,

    Jen
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look lovely, not juvenile at all.;) I especially like the parka!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi dear..Wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas, may it be a joyous and blessed one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a lovely hat! Happy holidays :)
    -Tori
    www.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I'm so happy you were able to use your winnings to get something that makes you happy! And your idea to layer lots of tights to keep warm is a great. I never would have thought to do that. But now that it appears winter is showing up in Chicago I'll be borrowing that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You lucky duck :) congratulations on winning the giveaway, the dress is so pretty! I love how you wore it with a parka for a cozy look. And those patterned tights add a fun element to this outfit, not juvenile at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dress. OMG. I can't believe that it's actually a sheath, because you're totally right it looks like a fantastic a-line dress. I love the sheer panels on the bottom, and I never would've though of pairing a similar colored cardi on top, so this is definitely going to be my next outfit, talk about shameless copying, lol. I hope you and your family have a safe and happy Christmas!

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i still am so amazed that you manage to take outfit pictures day in and day out in that weather! you are committed!! you look beautiful, katie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love when romantic looks like this are paired with a parka in the winter. You look so lovely and you sure know how to rock this lace dress that you scored. :)

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely dress and a lovely gift! I like the tights and I like how you styled them. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a gorgeous dress and I'm excited to see you remix it! :) You pulled off the patterned tights masterfully as well.
    Hope you and your family are enjoying the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brrrrrr love all your great layer outfits.....I am not very good at layering.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)