Friday, November 9, 2012

Winter walk












Coat: Old Navy
Scarf: Fred Meyer
Blazer: American Eagle Outfitters (thrifted)
Sweater: No label (thrifted)
Tank: Old Navy
Pants: JBrand (ebay)
Boots: DV by Dolce Vita
Handbag: Koret (thrifted)

I always wish that I could come up with pretty, clever titles for my posts.  I complain about the cold write a bit but the truth is that I love winter time.  The entire landscape is so gorgeous in the snow, I wish I could do it justice and capture the beauty.

I was kind of having an idiot moment trying to get full body pictures, I was so busy playing around with the camera that my fingers started freezing and I just snapped a fast shot that didn't work.    Considering how warm it was today, that tells you how much time I wasted playing with the camera.   This isn't my most interesting outfit ever, it's pretty low key and basic so you're not missing anything with the full body picture.  I've been living in these DV boots since I got them, not only are they the most comfortable boot ever, but they look broke in already! 

I can't get the Flo Rider "I cry" song out of my head, I've been humming it all day along, it would probably wouldn't be as annoying if I knew more than two sentences. (And at least it's not that other decidedly non-PG rated song of his.)  Damn you Top 40 songs and your catchy tunes. 


18 comments:

  1. Can't get enough of your red hair, so shiny! :-D And love the patches on the elbows! Yup,titles are always hard to come up with. Quotes from someone about something make them a lot easier tough :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look beautiful!

    X Jenny
    Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with your blazer! Gorgeous:)

    Kisses, Lucy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving all of the layers! I really want a blazer like yours with the elbow patches.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photos! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the jacket and the elbow patches! AND the fact that you can't get Flo Rider out of your head!

    Amanda
    It's an Easy Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun blog you have. Interesting style and lucid prose. The cold of your environment must be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you are in a winter wonderland! You look beautiful against the white snow and that ring is gorgeous!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful look. The pics are incredible. Love the romantic touch and the winter atmosphere <3
    xo

    glamDevils

    ReplyDelete
  10. that jacket!! I love tweed and I love elbow deets, soooo yes. I really LOVE this jacket! The best thing I love about snow is that it covers everything and makes it look prettier. Not that Alaska is ugly or whatnot, but I love the AK in the winter soooo much :)

    oh my, how did I forget about those boots? They are so cute with the straps! No wonder you've been living in them!!!!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the colors in this outfit! Especially the nice olive with the tweed jacket :) Those DV shoes are so cute and they look super versatile, no wonder you wear it a lot.By the way, you are definitely doing the landscape justice because the snow looks so beautiful in these photos. I've always wanted to try taking photos in the snow but haha the best i've got is hail...And how do you keep your shoes from becoming damaged from the snow/water?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha-ha you are to cute! Please don't get frostbite taking pictures for us.. :). I love this blazer, so cute. I think my favorite part of this outfit is the way that you did the zipper pants with the booties... I am getting pretty inspired right now!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the colors in your outfit today. And thanks for the close-up of the blazer. It's fun to see all the different colors in it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that scarf with your hair, you just look so classic! it's a good thing you like winter, because of where you live. that's a warm day to you? my teeth would be chattering. i'd be shivering, & probably whining it's too cold!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so cozy and chic at the same time :) lovely outfit!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great and I not only love the scarf also your skirt :)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)