Friday, November 16, 2012

Giddy up





Jacket: Old Navy
Sweater: Old Navy
Blouse: Banana Republic
Jeans: JBrand (ebay)
Boots: Madden Girl

I jinxed us with all of my gushing about the warm weather yesterday, it was chilly this morning! Oh well, it is November.

This outfit is just sort of a mash up of things that I wear all the time, the comfy flat boots, my jodhpur jeans and this fabulous tie neck blouse. It's a fabulous blouse because it's  horsey inspired, with bits and monograms as the pattern.  I'm a sucker for horse stuff, but I always draw the line at actually wearing horse images on my clothes.  That gets a little too far into sixth grade nerd territory. (I'm talking those big, baggy tee shirts with pictures of horses running wild on them.  I might have done every report in sixth grade on horses, but even I knew wearing animal shirts were dorky.)

The power went off in town for a little while yesterday and ever since then the internet has been pretty finicky, working here and there.  After seeing all of the fun that the internet was having, the computer has decided to get in on the act and freeze up every time I look at it sideways.   

16 comments:

  1. Hahah, horsy baggy t-shirts are hot, don't listen to other people :D Nerd is in! :D
    Great cappuccino, brownish outfit, love the booties very much. Makes me want a cappuccino :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even on a good day where I live the power often cuts off - its really miserable in winter when theres no heating, hope your internet and computer gets sorted out! I like these warm tones on your outfit, fantastic jacket and chic boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I love the horsey scarf. Just like you, I did every report in grade school about horses. I had major horse fever and would study every horse book I owned in great detail. I miss my grandparents farm and horses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the light is gorgeous! is it sunrise or sundown? katie, i used to wear dorky animal/cartoon character shirts as an adult. part of me wonders if i still do. computer glitches and power can be so fickle, & frustrating. grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pictures are so stunning. how cold is it there now??? you look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit needs to get in my closet, now. Everything about it is so wonderfully preppy yet casual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those riding pant inspired jeans. This whole outfit is very equestrian, but not in a costumey way:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pictures in Alaska - I've always wanted to visit! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that all the snow provides you with a stark contrast background. :) Pretty!

    Abi
    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the suede panels on the jeans - sooo great.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  11. It definitely looks cold where you are! I love the brown on brown in this outfit, very much my taste!

    ReplyDelete
  12. u look great and the snow love it :) would u like follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came across your amazing blog and I'd like us to remain in touch! How'd you like to follow each other?

    Love Nyt,
    from
    BIG hair LOUD mouth

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE THIS! And you get brownie points for also wearing jodhpurs for their original purpose :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)