Friday, November 2, 2012

A few days late to the party









Blazer: J.Crew (thrifted)
Scarf: Icing
Sweater: J.Crew (thrifted)
Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters
Boots: F by Fergie
Hat: Fred Meyer

It's my winter uniform, jeans, boots and a blazer.  Of course now that Halloween is behind us I realized I totally dropped the ball and didn't wear this pumpkin sweater on a day when everyone could have gotten some much deserved snark in.  Ah, missed opportunities.

I realize that when winter time comes around I don't reach for accessories aside from a scarf or a hat.  Rings are sort of impractical since I'm constantly taking gloved on and off, I lose earrings all the time thanks to taking hats and scarfs off, it just doesn't seem worth the hassle. (There, I'm lazy.  Mystery solved )  So I guess I should ask, do you guys wear lots of accessories in the winter or do you revert to just scarves and hats?


14 comments:

  1. The orange looks great against the snowy landscape. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the orange Sweater! Great Outfit ,the Scarf look so cute :)

    Have a happy Weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hat and your beautiful orange sweater. My favorite picture is the second to the last one...you are standing amid the snow-covered trees and you looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The answer is NOOOO! I hate accessorizing in winter. All those bracelets and rings stuck on my hands, behind tons of sweaters :D No way! But I do love scarfs :D
    And that pumpkin sweater of yours is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photos, dear! Great look!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    xxx

    Tatiana

    http://www.bonnie23blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving that scarf a lot! :) And all that snow! I used to live in AK and I totes miss it even more now that I found your blog!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights
    ps. sooo miss Fred Meyer a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your winter photos they inspire me so much :) I love your hat and sweater:) so stylish and chic but comfortable and worm :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, orange sweaters are for all winter, not just Halloween!

    As for accessories, I wear rings on four fingers all year round, no matter the weather. And I don't seem to have issues with losing earrings due to hats or scarves so I just keep wearing them. Of course, if I have on a scarf I don't always bother with a necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. katie your hat & scarf look fantastic! holy snow in alaska batman.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I can't believe all the snow already, but I guess it's about right for your corner of the world! It's so pretty! We hardly get any snow here in my area of Oregon. And if we do, it only lasts a few days.

    But I love your wintery uniform. The blazer was an amazing find. And I love the orange sweater you layered under it! Definitely a cute combination!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your hat and scarf! Following you on GFC!

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agreed on the jewelry! In winter I only really wear post earrings and bracelets because of the scarves and hats thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfit! I just loved the colorful sweater!
    Looking great =)
    xoxo

    www.cmgvb.com
    www.cmgvb.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)