Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Winter projects








Coat: Fleet St.
Vest: Charlotte Russe (thrifted)
Blazer: Pacsun
Blouse: Nordstrom (thrifted)
Jeans: Paige (thrifted)
Boots: Vince Camuto
Handbag: Thrifted
Necklace: Icing

I swear, these are the most comfortable booties ever.  I love wearing these leopard printed ones in the winter, they're sturdy to walk in and don't slip about and they keep my feet warm.   I do apologize about my disheveled appearance here, I guess I'm not very talented at taking my big coat off and then fixing my collar!

We've been building a barn and corral at my parents house for the past two weeks.  Evan was so excited at the start to work with Dad on the project and learn from him, Dad is such a wealth of knowledge and is an excellent teacher/mentor.   The kids and I have been packing boards and logs around and peeling the logs while Dad, Mom and Evan have been getting everything set up.   Right now we've got the barn walls about a third of the way up but today we worked on getting the corral up so Dollar the horse can move in next week.   

Hah, I guess I should mention that I was not prancing around in these boots all day, I was rocking the Carhart overalls and Boggs boots.   Seeing as Timberland and Sorrel are all hipster now and camo is the "in" pattern of the moment, it's only a matter of time before Carharts and bunny boots are being sported in the streets on New York.

You're laughing, but if camouflage can be cool to city dwellers and perfectly acceptable, then the Carharts are fair game.










8 comments:

  1. Great leopard print booties! Brr, it looks cold up there ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna ask how you were walking on the snow in those heeled booties!! I would've slipped and broken my ankle, ha. That's so neat that you're building a barn...can't wait to see the finished product!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, it looks cold up there! The weather men have been saying we might get another Halloween snow storm this year, but it's hard to imagine since it has been in the 60s lately.

    You should totally be a trend setter and post pictures of yourself decked out in camo and Carhart:) Love the lip color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a perfect outfit in every way. I love you pair your neutrals with an unexpected color. This is so pretty with the pale mint green shirt. And the collar necklace....its great.
    I agree with Tashia...I think you should post the Carharts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are lovely, it's like a winter wonderland!

    Lana, xo
    http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to hand it to you, I am a New Englander and I would NOT be able to walk around the snow in those bad boys. I love those boots!! And this entire look! I do not think you look disheveled in the least bit! :)

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the utility vest over the striped blazer. Fun!

    Also, there are Carhart stores in the trendy shopping areas of Chicago. Seriously. So, yeah, I think it's going to be a thing pretty soon. My husband and his Carhart jacket will be totally trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your necklace Katie. It's such a beautiful and unique spin on the collar necklace.
    Good luck with the barn and corral! What a beautiful setting to be working in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)