Thursday, October 11, 2012

The best skirt ever













Leather and Canvas Jacket: Fred Meyer/Kroger stores
Lace Shirt: Luara Scott (thrifted)
Nude Maxi Skirt: F21
Shoes: Colin Stuart (thrifted)
Zebra Scarf: Icing
Handbag: Michael Kors (thrifted)

Unlike my shoes yesterday  I hate these shoes. Don't get me wrong, I love how they look with the two tone straps and the thinker heel.  But I loathe that no matter how cute they are, they always, always give me blisters and I end up wrapping my toes in band aids at the end of the day.  They just were so cheap at the thrift store (yeah, now I know WHY they were at the thrift store!) and I really do love how they look, so they just hang out in my closet, mocking me.   

 I'm just a glutton for punishment.  

We watched the vice president debate this evening and that was just quite funny!  Good lord, Biden, we could hardly take our eyes off of him and the faces he would make.  Ryan got a few good snippy remarks in, but mostly I just sort of reflected how much his hair looks like something a high school jock would rock. (Am I the only one who thinks that it looks really teen-ish, all gelled up and flipped at the end?)  I know, I'm so deep.  Reflecting on a vice presidential candidate's hair style just speaks to that.  But look at what happened last time a vice presidential candidate's hair made the news and how that turned out.  CouphEdwardsCouph.

Whoa, didn't mean to go all political blog on you.   I'll just get back to the style and mention that I'm linking up to Coffee and Cardigan's Thrifty Thursday link up.   It's not like I can ever resist a good thrift fest.




14 comments:

  1. great skirt :) I love maxi skirts and your color and jacket are so chic and trendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous maxi skirt! That stinks that the shoes hurt so much since they're really cute. Oh, the things we do in the name of fashion! Haha, I agree, Ryan's hair is pretty ridiculous for someone his age.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Bubble Necklace Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a pretty amaze skirt... perfect for any season! also totally loving your jacket!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt is so pretty. Another great thrifting find! Hope you have a nice weekend! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower of yours..I just found your blog through a comment that you left on mine. I hope to see you follow me back :) Cute look that you have here. I like how you have layered everything and the color scheme that you have used.
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, at least you didn't spend a fortune on those shoes - that would be a real panishment. ;) You look so beautiful today - I love the skirt, it makes you look like a nymph. Wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer about the shoes. They really go well with this outfit and keep it from looking too "heavy". I don't know if that makes any sense, especially with the flowy skirt and the lace top, but there it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Paul Ryan IS a high school jock. Have you seen these photos? http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/11/time-ryans-heavy-lifting/comment-page-1/ HILARIOUS!

    Anyways, love your skirt, and I can't believe you're wearing sandals when it must be freezing there. You are a brave soul:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look! I hate it when shoes look great and feel incredibly uncomfortable, that should be illegal! =)
    Also, I love your haircolor, it really suits you!

    smileyclara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving seeing how you're styling this jacket! Giving me ideas for mine :) Love your skirt!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, I've been waiting to see how you are going to style yours, ever since you mentioned you found one similar! (Not that I was going to poach styling ideas or anything. ^_^)

      Delete
  11. Ah, too bad about the shoes!! They really are something special. Same with that thrifted lace top...seriously, between that and the jacket you are a bargain-finder extraordinaire!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can not believe you got that coat at Fred Meyer! It's adorable and I love the layers you put together (especially the zebra scarf), very light and feminine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)