Friday, October 5, 2012

That's about as Fall-ish as it gets









Blazer: J.Crew (thrifted)
Shirt: Urban Vibe
Belt: Eh, who knows by this point....
Skirt: Gap (thrifted)
Tights: Fred Meyer/Kroger
Boots: Madden Girl
Clutch: Thrifted

This was one of those outfits that I wasn't really sure if it worked when I was looking in the mirror and now when I look at the photographs, I love it.  Obviously stuff looks way different in pictures than in real life but it's strange sometimes how much of a difference there is!   Next time though, I think I'll wear a denim shirt, I think the little bit of blue might work better.

Now that the cold weather is here I'm slowly breaking out all of the cute winter/fall clothes that I thrifted this summer!  I was stoked to find this orange Gap skirt, it's wool and fills the orange gap in my closet.  Plus, most of my skirts are usually high-waist with fulls skirt so it's nice to have more of a fitted skirt.  I also thrifted this jacket not long ago, at the start of the summer I did a huge closet clean out and donated my tweed jacket. Opps.  Oh well, that stuff happens, so I've been keeping my eyes open for a nice tweed since then. I was happy to come across this one for cheap at the second hand shop.

As for the title there, that's a tad misleading.  I obviously need to be toting around some of that over-priced Starbucks pumpkin stuff for this to be a completely Fall-ish looking post.  I'll stick with my good old cheap Folgers,  thank you very much. 

Mmm, now I've got their song in my head...


8 comments:

  1. Some cute stuff there. Eh, I'm not a fan of pumpkin spice lattes and such. Too sweet for me, and over $5 for a drink doesn't do good on my wallet. I buy flavored creamer to add to my coffee. That's about as far as I go with fancy coffee drinks. Speaking of which, on the news last night, Starbucks was saying they are having a shortage of pumpkin spice?

    Hope you have a nice weekend. We are actually going pumpkin picking today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, those pumpkin spice ones are a bit too sweet and so expensive! Good old hazelnut creamer for me. That's crazy about Starbucks having a shortage of pumpkin spice, is that for everyone? (Whew, now I'm happy that I bought a couple of the pumpkin spices for pies!)

      I hope you have a ton of fun carving the pumpkin, I bet your son loves doing that! We just did ours today, Gunnar helped all of the way through but Izzy got pretty bored after pulling the pumpkin "guts" out. :P

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit. The Layering is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another gorgeous fall palette. You are the queen of coloured and textured tights; I love all the ways you built them into your outfits! As a fellow owner of a thrifted orange skirt (mine's a burnt orange one from H&M in a slight tulip shape), I think you'll be really happy you got it. Nothing conjures images of pumpkins and crisp falling leaves quite like orange. Your hair goes perfectly with your outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! This is the first year that I've started wearing colored and patterned tights, I was always too chicken before and stuck to nude or black panty hose.

      Delete
  4. Yeah! Where is your fall drink??

    Just kidding. Your outfit is lovely. I can't wait to see it with a chambray shirt. Maybe that polka dot one from Old Navy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking about that today, that it would be fun to wear this with the polka dotted shirt! You are too clever!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)