Sunday, October 21, 2012

Snow covers the land






Coat: Old Navy
Scarf: Fred Meyer/Kroger
Shirt: Banana Republic
Skirt: Banana Republic (thrifted)
Tights: Fred Meyer/Kroger
Boots: American Eagle Outfitters
Clutch: Thrifted

I did try to get a photo of the shirt and the skirt, but the camera battery died.  You'd think that after this happening so many times I would have it figured out and carry a spare.  Nope, not smarter than a fourth grader.  (Or is it a fifth grader?  Either way, I'm not batting a thousand today.)

It's challenging trying to do a style blog and dress sensibly for the winter.  Right now the temperatures are still at the point where I can wear cute, "fashionable" coats, but as soon as the weather dips below zero, the cute coats don't cut it and out comes the big, poofy parka.  (You saw it the other day.  Not the most fashionable coat.)   Last winter I was pretty tough and took all of my photos outside, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do that again when it starts getting really cold.  Not that anyone wants to see my crummy inside photos, but it takes a little more work setting up the tripod and running back and forth as opposed to having a photographer snap and few shots and then running back inside.  I know, I know, I'm thinking out loud.   I'm just really not looking forward to the cold this year!







7 comments:

  1. You look great and you really inspire me to tink about some nice winter combinations :) Love your colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if I were you I would totally take my photos inside...I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold :) Love that coat, and your red tights!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coat is very cute and I adore your scarf..it has a water color look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, the snow! I was just thinking the other day what I'm going to do when it starts to get REALLY cold outside.. yikes. You look super cute, especially in the colored tights!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't get nearly as cold in Chicago as it does by you, but I still feel your pain. I'm already trying to figure out what I'm going to do in the winter. But I want to be true to how I live so I'll probably take pics of me in my coat outside and then without the coat inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the same boat, but my boat isn't nearly as cold as your boat! Last winter I had some spots in my apartment with good lighting, this year not so much. Love the red tights and booties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, we have a very crappy winter here too. Last year it dropped -20 degrees, I thought my face would come off :D And yeah, in this sort of weather, fluffy parks are the only thing we've got :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)