Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday in the park







Blazer: J.Crew (thrifted)
Dress: Jason Wu for Target. (Obviously, this is from Walmart. :)
Scarf: Fred Meyer/Kroger
Shoes: R2 (Famous Footwear)
Handbag: Liz Claiborne Leather (thrifted)
Spike bracelet: F21
Leather bracelet: American Eagle Outfitters

I broke away from wearing the navy blazer everyday but fell right into the clutches of this tweed one.  What can I say, I'm a creature of habits and blazers/military jackets just happen to be my favorite kind.

I almost never wear this cute Jason Wu for Target dress on the blog because I seem to have trouble trying to accessorize it.  I always want to wear it the way it was portrayed in the ads but then I feel guilty for not being creative and end up never taking pictures of the dress.   We don't have a Target in Fairbanks so I ordered it online when the Jason Wu collection came up for sale.  The downfall to ordering online is that Target doesn't seem to ever offer a sizing guide on the site, I ended up hoping 10 would be close enough.  However, when the dress arrived it ended up being very generously cut. I think I would have gone down two sizes if I'd tried it on in-store. (Ahhh, vanity sizing.) The alterations to re-size it are way out of my league so I've been waiting to take it to the tailor but for the time being I just belt it. That seems to be my fix for everything.  Big dress? Belt it.  Loose sweater? Belt it.  Leaky pipes?  Belt it. Well, not that last one, thanks to the Red Green Show, we all know that duct tape does a much better job.

We Alaskans love Red Green.  That man gets mobbed every time he visits Fairbanks.  


15 comments:

  1. Such a cute and playful look!

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah, belting is a form of art :D I do that too, almost always, belting everything too huge :D I think the dress is fantastic and makes you look even cuter and unique! Especially with that amazing lipstick ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are too sweet! I always feel a little stupid wearing bright lipstick since I have such chipmunk cheeks, that just totally perked me up! thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. This is my favorite post of you and you look like a doll on the first image and I like all colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think belting it definitely did the trick, I can't tell that it's not the right size for you. It's super cute and I love it with the yellow scarf.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! I have loved this dress ever since I spotted it in the Target ads. It looks great on you; you can't tell it's too big with how you've styled it. I know what you mean about accessorizing; often dresses like this are pretty enough to make a statement on their own. I like the preppy blazer and caramel-coloured belt. The yellow in the scarf is awesome for rounding out a primary colour palette but I think more structured accessories (like the blazer and belt) work best with this style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's kind of what I'm think after looking at the photos, I like the dress so much more with just the blazer and the belt, sometimes I need to step back from the scarves!

      Delete
  6. Ha-ha the belting theory is true! And wow... this is going to come across as ( cant think of the words right now) Way over consumerismy Yep just made up a word... but I could never live without target! BUT this dress looks adorable on you!! with the blazer and scarf. One of my favorite outfits from you!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I always wear this dress the same way. But I can change. If I have to. I guess." <--Red Green Homage.

    What about a longer cardigan with the belt over it? That could be an alternate way to wear this dress! Which is super cute, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES.

      Mz Erin, I salute you for that! And I love the idea of the cardigans with a belt, I've only tried it with a cardigan by itself, it would be way cuter with the belt! Thanks, you always have such great ideas! :)

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous dress!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. belted and blazered, that dress looks amazing on you! and i love the fallish primary colors you are wearing. i think you've accessorized it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my! That dress is from Target?! I thought it was from Modcloth! It's my kind of dress! I think the entire look is quite lovely! -Jessica L

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay you really need to wear this dress more! it's AMAZING!!!!! you look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)