Monday, October 8, 2012

Leaves in the rain






Hat: Fred Meyer/Kroger
Coat: Old Navy
Dress: Pacsun
Tights: Sears
Boots: Old Navy
Handbag: Liz Claiborne Leather (thrifted)
Scarf: Fred Meyer/Kroger

It's been snowing in the hills but poring down rain in town for the past two days and I am totally okay with that. I'm just not ready for the snow and cold weather.  When I was a kid I just couldn't wait for the first snow, it was always so exciting to go out and play.  But that was years ago and farther south in Alaska, the coldest we ever got in Seward was usually around zero.  Even towards Anchorage and Wasilla the coldest day that I can remember was -25 below.  It really was awful carrying the water buckets out to the pastures for the horses that day, my snow pants were covered in ice by the end of it.

I didn't get much time to play around with my photographs today, the camera battery died before I could really get my settings right and most of the photos came out super blurry.  I know, so talented.

At least I looked colorful for the dreary day, I've really been having fun with the colored tights this year.  I've had some missteps however, for some reason I thought blue tights would be super cute.  Well once on, the tights ended up being way bluer than I had thought they would be.  It was bad.

How bad?

It looked like I'd gone on a rampage through the Smurf village and then rolled about in the carnage. I'll just leave you with that pretty mental image.

10 comments:

  1. I love your red tights, and this is such a cute fall look!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hint of color the red tights give to the look! I haven't been brave enough to wear colored tights, but maybe this year I'll give it a go :) I can't imagine what 25 below feels like! I can barely manage the winter in NJ, ha. I also used to love snow as a child but now as an adult I hate it.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Jewelry Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, a smurfville carnage! You look cute, I love the red tights, they are so fun. I'm not sure I can pull off colored tights, but on you they look great!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color of your tights is so great for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, oh those Smurfs. Love the skirt, I have one that is similar, so it looks like I'll need a pair of red tights too. Thanks for being such an enabler.

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, the last shot makes it look like you're a fashion driven spy, just roaming out in the wilderness, either looking for clues, or hiding from the enemy, or maybe you're tracking you enemy? Haha

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! i bet the blue tights weren't as bad as you thought!! i love the red ones on you. they really work well with the neutrals in the rest of your outfit. and you look great in that hat! i don't want the snow to come either, but it is, and soon. minnesota winters are always below zero!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colored tights look amazing with this outfit!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, that sounds like my type of weather. Glad you guys are having a bona fided fall up there in Alaska! It's still too sunny and warm here in Oregon for my taste. And you're dressed for the weather too! I love your layering and that hat is too cute. But I think my favorite part of the outfit are those great red tights. I need to be a little more adventurous with my tight colors - I own way too many pairs of black tights. Thank you for the inspiration!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete

  10. Hello, I found your blog from a friend and I went to visit! I loved your post and I am going to stay on top of all the news!

    I hope my blog:

    www.todacharmosa.com

    If you want to follow me I'll be very happy! ♥ hugs..

    Instangram @pathyamorinha
    http://facebook.com/blogtodacharmosa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)