Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Is she ever going to NOT wear that blazer?








Blazer: Marc by Marc Jacobs (present from my mom)
Shirt: Fred Meyer/Kroger
Tank: Old Navy
Skirt: Gap (thrifted)
Boots: Madden Girl
Scarf: Fred Meyer/Kroger
Rings: Icing
Handbag: Liz Claiborne Leather (thrifted)

So I guess this is "The week in which Katie wears the blazer to death."  I did try my best not to pair the navy blazer with this striped skirt but it just ended up working so well that I wore the blazer again.   So there.  Navy blazers are very versatile.  So versatile that I'll evidently wear one every day of the week.

I lost my lighting here, the sun is starting to set at about 6:30pm and I just wasn't\ fast enough to catch the last rays of sunlight and ended up shooting in the twilight. (Jezzz, I hate even typing that word now, it's been thoroughly corrupted.  Thanks Stephanie Meyer.)   I don't have much experience shooting in this kind of lighting so it was kind of hit and miss with the photos.  I think that the loss of light is one of my less favorite things about winter, at the height of winter in Fairbanks the sun rises at 11:30 am and sets at 2:30 pm, leaving us with only three hours of daylight.   

12 comments:

  1. Hahaha, yeah twilight is now officially a dirty word :D And I think the blazer is looking good with everything, so no worries there. I have a t-shirt that by now is decomposing from wearing everyday, but it's so prettttyyy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scarf and colorful tights!

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A navy blazer is such a classic piece that I can see why you want to wear it often! I can't imagine having only three hours of daylight! I'm already getting depressed how much earlier sunset is now.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Chicnova Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three hours of daylight? That is insane! I've loved seeing you remix this blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, just call this a "remixing" series and you have an excuse to wear that blazer every day :-) I can completely see why you wanted to wear it with that skirt. They just were meant to be together.

    Do you think wearing gray or navy tights with this would be too "blah"? Something about the burgundy ones seems out of place even though they are picking up the colors in the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean! Looking at the photos, something does seem a little off, I think it might be that it is so dark on the bottom and the tops, but no color in the middle! (Its like your eyes doesn't really have anywhere to go.) Maybe a belt to break up all of the white and to make it easier for the eyes to follow, or maybe a darker shirt? I'm going to have to retry this! :)

      And thanks, I think i will try to call it remixing, and not me being lazy! ^_^

      Delete
  6. It looks like a different blazer with each outfit, which makes it that much more awesome! Love the tights too! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look amazing!! what area of alaska do you live in? do you experience the full days of dark or light?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fairbanks is in the interior of Alaska and while we are pretty far north, we don't get the full day of darkness. Barrow which is right on the arctic ocean does, they also get the sunlight 24 a day in the summer, where we get sort of a bright dusk during the summer months. :)

      Delete
  8. I absolutely love this navy blazer and I think you should wear it as much as you want. They really do go with anything! And pairing it with the neutrals and those pretty maroon tights was a great combination!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha i love blazers and you know what they are more fun than jackets...so rock the blazers! I just bought a new black blazer...because apparently you can never have too many black blazers1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)