Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Feels like home to me








Coat: Columbia (Old birthday gift from my parents)
Sweater: Old Navy
Dress: JC Penny
Tights: Sears
Boots: Fred Meyer/Kroger
Handbag: Michael Kors (thrifted)
Scarf: Icings
Ring: Icings

Wow you guys, wow.  You have no idea how incredibly touched I was by your heartfelt comments, both last night and from the past few days.  Thank you so much for all of your support and your kind words, it really is just...wow.  Thank you.

Anyways, getting back on track now. As everyone can now guess, not only do I nerd out over The Zac Brown Band, but that I adore Emmylou Harris.  But how could I not?  I mean, that voice.  I would cuddle a spider to have that voice.

(That's serious stuff, spider cuddling.)

I'm sort of the black sheep in my family in that I have no musical talent.  My brothers all have amazing voices and play the guitar, I am completely tone deaf and even years of voice lessons couldn't help me carry a tune.  I use to be a half-way passable guitar player but I really dropped it over the past five years. (Plus,  I have really small hands and I need a child sized guitar.  Sad.)

We came back home to Fairbanks to find our first big snow of the year.  I love that first snow, before living up here in the Interior winter use to be my favorite season.   But winter in Fairbanks is so different from winter down along the coast, it is so dry and cold!  We don't normally get a huge amount of snow, maybe about 3-4 feet, it's just dry fluff most of the time and the -50 to 60 below just gets me.  In the end however and as much I complain about it, I still love Fairbanks.   At least the temp goes up when the snow starts falling, a dress and tights wasn't too chilly at all.   


I'm really sorry for being so absent lately, I will get back to everyone, you all have been so kind in supporting me and it just means the world.  Thank you so much!





14 comments:

  1. Wow, I like how you put together your outfit through all sorts of stores/brands. Great job! Keep it up :) Btw, I really like the scarf~ I should stop by icing for some accessories soon.

    Please stop by my blog when you have time, www.ragsandrichesblog.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! I use to be bad about just wearing stuff from just one place (old navy) since our shopping is pretty limited up here, but thanks to thrift stores, I've been able to break it up a bit. and yes, icings has gotten to be a great little accessories store! I worked there as a manager about five years ago and it was pretty sub-par for stuff, but it's really improved since then.

      Delete
  2. Snow?! I can't believe there's snow...I'm not ready for it, haha. You look so cute in that dress...and spider cuddling is DEFINITELY serious stuff! Love Zac Brown band :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. SNOW! waaaant! can't wait for the first snow here.. if it'll happen before January..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how 3-4 feet of snow isn't a lot to you, ha! It's a lot for us to get 2 feet at a time and everything will shut down for DAYS! I'd probably need a child sized guitar too if I played :)

    I love the pattern mixing and the lace. The cranberry tights give a nice pop of color to the black and white. This outfit just may have convinced me that I too can wear colored tights!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    1000 Followers Giveaway Extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you go with the leather and lace again. LOVE it! I'm getting chilly just looking at that snow! Last year we had a big storm on Halloween, but it didn't really snow that much through the winter. As much as I love snow, I'm really hoping for a not white Halloween...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 60 BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn that's cold. New England we complain about like anything below ha-ha you people are troupers up over there that's for sure! I love this lace and the color of your tights! Perfection!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the prints and textures in this outfit give it so much visual interest. And the cranberry tights really pop against the snow :-)

    The blog world is pretty amazing, isn't it? I've found so many wonderful people via my blog(s).

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay first, you look beautiful! second, 60 below?! NO THANK YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe there is snow already, yikes! You look SO cute, I love the colored tights. I don't really have any musical talent either. I used to play the piano when I was younger, but I wasn't very good at it, haha. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. When my father was stationed there I remember how cold it gets there, brrr! You look so stylish bundled up. The photos are stunning, I love the printed pattern mix up and colourful tights! xo/Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, you know how it feels! (That fifty to sixty below is just awful, isn't it?) Was your dad station at Eilson or Ft. Wainright? :)

      Delete
  11. I love that scarf - is that giraffe on there!? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a giraffe! They're so terribly cute and it's fun to try a new "animal" print. :)

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)