Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Creepy dudes and booties (And patches!)







Coat: FS Limited
Blazer: American Eagle Outfitters (thrifted)
Blouse: MichaelMichael Kors (thrifted)
Skirt: BCBGeneration (thrifted)
Shoes: DV by Dolce Vita
Handbag: Thrifted
Scarf: Incing

This post should be titled: Why I don't take pictures inside.  Bad lighting, small hallway full of boots.  Award winning material here.

Anyways, so sorry about that awful hallway photo, I took my outside pictures so fast I didn't get a chance to show off the outfit under the layers of coats and I ended up trying to snap a fast picture.  Just ignore the line of boots and all that.   For once the fast pictures weren't due to the weather, but a creepy dude.  Actually, it seems like that happens fairly often.  We must have a monopoly on creepy guys up here.

 I've had only two items on my fall shopping list, a plaid blazer with elbow patches and a cute pair of booties.  I've always loved elbow patches on blazers but I've missed out over the past couple years when they were super cool and on everything.  All I can say is yay for thrift stores!  I found this one at the thrift store a week ago for only $3 during the Salvation Army half off sale.   The booties I've been searching for quite a while as well, I don't have long, gorgeous glams so booties can look both awkward and sausage inspired on me.  The key thing I was looking for was a wider opening at the top of the booties, but it's taken the past year for me to finally find a great pair.   I was pretty thrilled to find this pair on a huge sale and now I'm set for the winter.  

At least, that's what I keep telling myself.  

14 comments:

  1. I love the blazer! And only 3$? Wish I could find things like these in the trift stores here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget the fire extinguisher :-D But, yeah, totally understand your pain. Creepy guys here are everyday lifestyle and at home photos just dont turn out the way I wish. But that zebra pattern looks so cool on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess we both had a creepy guy encounter this week! You are so great at finding thrifted items...that blazer is adorable with the elbow patches! And I love the booties too! They match the blazer perfectly.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found some booties! Those are really cute. I think I've tried on 100 pairs of booties in the past month. I'm also suffering from sausage legs syndrome. I have a very specific picture in my head of the booties I want (grey or tan, wide leg opening, flat or almost flat, a material that can handle some snow without looking like crap)and I just haven't found them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! The plaid blazer with the zebra top? So fun! Are you wearing the same booties in both pics? Where did you find them? I only have one pair of booties and I'm trying to decide if I want another pair.

    Also, from what you've said it sounds like what I've heard about men in AK is true. The odds are good but the goods are odd, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow?!?!! Im so not ready for that! Booties are tricky but once you find the perfect pair that works for you it's great. LOve the black tights/cream skirt combo going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the plaid blazer, it's so cute and just perfectly you! And I think the booties look great on you! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I love your blazer, 3 bucks!!?! CAN NOT beat that! and this top underneath is wonderful too! and I boo those creepy men!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those booties are perfect; no sausage inspiration there. And that blazer? Amazing and made even more so paired with that scarf. I love this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your booties and blazer were made for each other! I love your zebra scarf! I have it in red :)

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. First let me say that I love this outfit. And the zebra shirt. And the booties.
    Oh yeah...and I love that your pictures are taken outside.
    Too bad you have to deal with creepy guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the tweed blazer with the elbow patches! Elbow patches are so awesome, your blazer is such an amazing thrift store find :) And wow I love the zebra print shirt, it matches the zebra on your scarf too! So cool. But oh no, hopefully the creepy guy will not be there next time you take photos D:

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want a blazer with elbow patches! Loving your booties!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)