Sunday, September 30, 2012

Termination dust








Jacket: Marc by Marc Jacobs (gift from my mom.)
Shirt: Urban Vibe
Pants: Old Navy Rockstar (old, I don't think they brought this rust color back with the new collection.)
Boots: Madden Girl
Handbag: Liz Claiborne
Photos by Evan

The snow hit us this morning, but melted off here in town by noon although there's still termination dust up in the hills around town.   I won the bet against Evan and my brothers, they all thought the first snow would hit later this week, but after yesterday, I felt pretty sure it would be some time today.    The kids were so excited to go play in the snow, but there just wasn't much for them to play in.  Not much longer kiddos.

After Old Navy's campaign with the Rock-star jeans, I feel better now knowing that universally everyone has to go up two sizes in them.  Back when I got these on clearance in the spring,  I thought I just needed to start running more!   Which is just silly, it's nothing but a number on a tag and the color on these jeans was too nice to pass up. (As was the price!  Jeans for under ten dollars?  Yes!) I love my bright red jeans, but I ended up wearing these jeans far more often.  I think it might be my natural preference for muted, natural shades that makes these my favorite.  

In retrospect, this sort of seems like a boring outfit, a blazer, colored jeans, a printed top and boots with delicate jewelry.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be more daring and sport a tutu to the barn.  But then, the ponies never seem to appreciated it when I dress up for them.



13 comments:

  1. A boring outfit?! not at all, I love it. The rust color jeans with the brown riding boots is such a good combination. (awww I hope old navy brings back the rust color because I want it!) And haha I just realized that if I did get the rust colored jeans, then that would be second pair of jeans that I bought after reading your blog :) And i love the blazer too, I never thought that rust would looks so good with navy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are two of the few things i'm looking for for fall -- red pair of pants and brown boots. Love them on you~

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the color of your jeans! I just got myself a pair of the Rockstar jeans yesterday at Old Navy. They're the only pair I've ever gotten there...usually their jeans are huge on me so I was happy that they run small :)

    I can't believe it snowed already but that's good that it melted!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Win a chain link necklace + Chanel print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is not a boring outfit at all, I love the muted color scheme. The blazer and jeans look perfect together. You look great!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually adore this outfit, thank you very much. Hardly boring at all! And I had the same frustration with the Old Navy Rockstar jeans. I'm usually a 6 at Old Navy and I realized something wasn't right when I could barely fit myself into a 10 in the Rockstar jeans. It's a little annoying. But the rust color of your pair is lovely and perfect for autumn! Love it with the rustic brown boots!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe you're already in snow! You look fantastic and yes... EVERYONE has to go up at least two sizes so don't feel bad AT ALL!

    Amanda
    It's an Easy Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... the first snow! i'm so gla it's still late summer here in Germany! love your outfit by the way!

    xoxo
    lilly

    http://lostinseptember.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow perfect Outfit for Fall! Love the Colours :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phahahaha, ponies should appreciate you more!!! I think it's a very cool, laid back look, and the boots are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit is great inspiration for styling my F21 red cords. I've pinned it:)

    I have found that every color fits me differently with the rockstars. I sized up with my bright blue pair and a denim pair I have, but the black pair fit true to size.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks so different when you wear it down! It's lovely both ways but you look like a different person in these photos.

    I haven't tried on the Rockstar jeans because I prefer the Diva cut from ON. But that's good advice to know that it's okay to go up two sizes (at least).

    Have you ever worn this top with a belt? I think that would look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colour palette!! I like how you've brought a summery light-coloured floral top right into fan with the navy, burgundy and brown. Your makeup is flawless too, and I like your pictures of the bright berries!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rank уour Yοutube Videos at http://youtuberanking.
    top-infoгmation.net/ -> Just $5 a Vidеo!
    Look into my weblog : The DASH Diet Action Plan: Proven to Boost Weight Loss and Improve Health (A DASH Diet Book) Review

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)