Tuesday, September 25, 2012

River's Edge









Jacket: Sears
Dress: Kardashian for Sears 
Scarf: Old Navy (I've been crediting Fred Meyer for this scarf, but its actually from Old Navy.)
Boots: ? (Thrifted)
Spike Bracelet: F21

This dress was love at first sight for me, it was one of the few dresses from the line that seemed very non-Kardashian with the loose fit and romantic air to it, but the price point was crazy.  I don't pay $115 for a dress people.    Sears is really awesome about marking their stuff down to clearance fast and I knew I wouldn't have to wait long to get this at a good deal.  Unfortunately, it seems I wasn't the only one who liked this dress, by the time it hit a low clearance price, the only one left was a size large.  But for $8.49, it was coming home with me.   I've done some alterations to make the armholes not so large and gaping, but it's still a bit long for me.  By using a belt a pulling the top of the dress over the belt, I'm able to create a new waistline on this dress and control how long or short I want the hemline to fall.  This makes it so versatile, I love a shorter, fuller skirt with the tights and a longer, sleek hemline with bare legs, so I get the best of both worlds with this. 

I've been wanting to take photos down here by the Chena River for a while. It's such a fantastic location, but I've held off because there's always so many people down here and I'm a little shy at breaking out the tripod in front of that many people.  I think I'm going to have to come back here when we get our first snowfall, I love how rivers look with the first snow of the season.  

Ugh, I just depressed myself with that.  That first snow needs to hold off for a good two months.

12 comments:

  1. I love your dress.And you really got a great deal on it.
    Your military jacket is a killer as well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see the river when the first snow falls ^_^
    And btw, good catch with that dress, it looks so pretty!!! I love white, feminine dresses and yours is wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your skirt. beautiful outfit

    http://www.passionnanteetpassionnee.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with your skirt. Its so girlie and feminine! Very stylish look :)

    want to follow each other???


    ZARA gift card giveaway for $400 on http://fashion-a-holic.com/page/16/

    ReplyDelete
  5. For that price I know you had to take it home and make it work! It's worth it too; it looks perfect with your outfit. I enjoy the way you create and outfit that kind of plays with the environment or backdrop you are taking your picture in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be getting chilly there! I love how you layered the dress with the jacket and scarf. You look cute and cozy at the same time!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Win a chain link necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what, I was JUST wondering the other day how the kardashian line is. You found a great dress and it looks perfect on you, I can't tell that it's too big at all. Love it with the jacket!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this dress! Kudos to you for waiting until it went on super clearance.Less than 10% of the original price? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first I was like "Wait, that dress is too long??" Then I realized you said you had it pulled up under a belt. That is a really good idea for making a dress more versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the jacket over the dress. That is awesome that you got such a good deal on it too!

    Amy



    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing how people transition dresses to fall and winter! You look great!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we have similar tastes Katie, and veer towards the same type of clothes. This dress reminds me of the one I own that you recently commented on, so is it any surprise I was drawn to this post? You really nailed the juxtaposition of tough and sweet elements and varying textures. You're lucky to have sewing skills; I wouldn't want to pass up a dress I already liked that was marked down from $115 to less than $10, even if it meant a couple of alterations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)