Thursday, September 6, 2012

Patterned tights are itchy and not very warm







Blazer: Banana Republic (thrifted)
Dress: Milly (thrifted)
Scarf: Fred Meyer/Kroger
Tights: Fred Meyer/Kroger
Shoes: Payless
Handbag: Vintage Coach (thrifted)

Lesson of the day: Value Village will charge you $20 for a cheap Forever21 dress, but they'll only charge you $6.99 for a silk Milly dress.   I can't even begin to tell you how much I smirked when I nabbed this dress off of the rack at the aforementioned thrift store.  We have been avoiding Value Village lately but after hunting around for a field jacket and pants for Evan's hunting trip and having no luck, we hit up VV.  Not only were the field jacket and pants found a a decent price, but the kids got swords and a huge Mr. and Mrs. Potato-Head package that hadn't even been opened and I scored this dress.  Value village may have redeemed themselves in my eyes a bit.  

Well, until I look at those over retailed-priced F21 dresses with the linings falling out.

Also, patterned tights really, REALLY itch.  Worse than wool, people.


10 comments:

  1. I've found that the trick with patterned tights is to size up. Sometimes I even layer a pair of solid tights underneath for an extra pop of color. Glad you had some thrifting luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, that's a good idea! I hate to just throw them away, even though they were cheap, so layering them might work. Thank you Tashia!

      Delete
  2. Major score on the dress! I love the pattern on it, very 70s :) That's pretty funny that they charge so much for the F21 dresses when they probably weren't even $20 at full retail price! Have a great weekend, Katie!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Win a Mint Green Statement Necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, what a fabulous find on that dress! You look so cute. I HATE tights that are itchy, but I guess you wouldn't know until you wear them, huh. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What in the world were your tights made out of that itched so bad???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I don't know, but I guess that's what I get for buying the cheapest ones possible. Thank you btw for your answer to my question on your running post, that was a huge help! (I'd never thought of the running tights, that will be a huge help.) :)

      Delete
  5. It's too bad that Value Village jacked up their prices! I've noticed the same thing with the stores in my area. But that silk dress was a great deal! Looks great with the layers, tights, and heels. So perfect as we transition is cooler weather!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the title of this post so much, it's not even funny. But, the title of the post is funny and that makes me so happy.

    Also, insanely jealous of your thrifted BR blazer. I want a navy blazer SO bad, but all I can find are some that I'm pretty sure came from The Love Boat's wardrobe department. So very not cute. But, enough about me. I love this outfit, the dress is brilliant (VV is insane, but sometimes they do okay) and you've styled it all just perfectly.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Katie!

    Gracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Score on the dress! Super cute look!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)