Friday, September 21, 2012

It's not Sheer!









Jacket: Black Poppy (Pacsun)
Shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: Forever21
Belt: Sears
Shoes: Sears
Handbag: Coach (thrifted)

My camera's screen lies to me.  It says that the pictures are clear and lovely and then I upload them and the computer says otherwise.  Blah.  However, after fiddling around, I did figure out my problem!  That stupid sharpness setting. Evan took my photos today since I was too lazy to haul out the tripod. It was nice having someone take the photos so I could play with the settings, rather than running back and forth with the timer, seeing if I even had the camera in focus.    I am getting this figured out, admittedly slowly, but I hope to get at least as decent results out of the nice camera as I could out of the point and shoot.

Anyho, this skirt was one of the items I got while in Anchorage.  I've been looking for a nude maxi skirt for over a year now, but haven't found any that were the right color, length or not completely sheer!   (Ugh, I'm so sick of the sheer skirt/dress trend.  I wish it would die already.)   I was really excited to find this one, the length  ended up being perfect for short me and being chiffon, it dries out fast after I tromp through the grass for outfit pictures.  Really, what more could you ask of a skirt?







11 comments:

  1. Well this is one of your best!!!! The skirt, the leather jacket, the cute red belt, the make-up everything is perfect. You look very sexy in a cozy kind of way ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the skirt and your leather jacket! And how cute is that belt. Have a great weekend! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color of that skirt with the black jacket is so pretty. And pairing it with the Old Navy top? Great idea! I think I'm going to save this outfit to remember to pair my chambray with black and nude in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous skirt! i think i might need to hunt for one myself! and i love it paired with the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for combining opposite textures so I'm swooning over you wearing black moto jacket over a gorgeous chiffony nude maxi skirt. In the spirit of your request for honesty, I wasn't as taken with the red belt being thrown in the mix as some of the other commenters above, but then again I tend to be more matchy in my colours and it's something I'm trying to get away from. I've definitely learned from you taking risks with some of the stuff you put together, it's refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I see what you're saying about the belt, something is just a little off. I'm not sure if it's the bow on the belt makes it too busy, or if the shade of red just doesn't work. (Or maybe I just need need to put a belt with everything, hah! I definitely of a problem of adding to many things, I need to learn how to do this minimalism thing.) Thank you Kat, you are always a dear!

      Delete
  6. Pretty skirt. I like it paired with the chambray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm guilty of pairing everything with denim and chambray, it's weakness of mine! :)

      Delete
  7. Love the skirt...I am so into Maxi's right now...so comfy that is why! I have taken a few pictures that look clear too and then they are horrible on my computer. Good luck figuring the settings out I still have no idea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)