Sunday, September 23, 2012

Evening glow












Sweater: Gap
Lace shirt: American Eagle Outfitters
Scarf: Fred Meyer/Kroger
Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters
Boots: F by Fergie (Fred Meyer/Kroger)
Handbag: Coach (thrifted)

We've been trying to sell our Jeep and downgrade to a small car since we don't really need two gas guzzlers.  Someone came by today to take it out for a test drive and whaddya know, as soon as he tried to turn it on, it wouldn't start.    Hmmm, guess who didn't connect the clamps tight enough when she replaced the battery?  Yup, this girl right here.

After charging the battery back up, we realized there was also a leak in the fuel filter, resulting in gas leaking out.  Yikes, gas is a little too spendy to be doing that!  Needless to say, the man interested in buying the jeep was not impressed.  But Evan taught me how to replace a fuel filter (and to make sure clamps are tight!) so at least I learned something today. 

It was nice to put on a cute lace shirt after working under the Jeep, it ended up being warm enough today to go sans jacket and just wear a big cardigan.  We're all enjoying the last little hurrah of fall before the snow comes, typically we get our first snowfall right around the first of October.   After that record setting cold and snow last winter and a chilly summer, everyone in town has been moaning about winter coming too soon this year.    None of us are looking forward to it!   


  












17 comments:

  1. That tree, in it's yellow glory makes the most wonderful backdrop for your pictures. Love the outfit; the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so autumn-y! I can't believe the trees are already turning orange :) I love this fall outfit, the scarf has such a cool color and print and I really like the boots. And hopefully next time, the test drive for the jeep will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love where you took these photos!

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous photos - you are getting me excited for fabulous Fall dressing! Boots, scarves, and sweaters oh my!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these fall colors and your scarf and boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, if you learned some you won some :D This photos turned out perfect, the colors of the autumn leaves and your outfit really go together, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I drive a Jeep too and yes, it's terrible on gas! These photos are so gorgeous with the leaves turning! We're wearing similar fall outfits together...sweaters, cardigans, and boots :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Sept. Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about the Jeep, what a bummer! Hopefully someone else will be interested in it soon! These photos turned out gorgeous btw. I'm loving the Autumn leaves and your cute casual outfit!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fall foliage scenery. It's just so pretty. You look beautiful, I love your scarf. I'm sorry to hear about your jeep!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, for some reason, down toward the end of the post I though I read "sans jeans" WTF? I had to reread the paragraph and look at the pictures again (typical me). Anyway, I'm impressed, I have no clue how to do anything but fill up the tank with my little car, but I love it lots, so maybe I should learn a thing or two :) Cute scarf, and boots! I'm finally finding a few pairs that fit, so as soon as it get a little colder, I'll be busting them out.

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These colors are so beautiful! I love fall so much and your post makes me love it even more :)

    Kisses from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pictures are beautiful! The light is amazing! And you look great too :)

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great background for your photos! You fit right in. This outfit is perfect for fall. I hope your fall lasts a teensy bit longer so you can keep dressing in outfits like this. Although, I'm also looking forward to your winter posts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such perfect fall photos - you look so cute and I love that scarf!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi,
    nice blog. let me know if you'd like to get associated with a new start up related to fashion and styling. you can check the details at: facebook.com/StyleStanza and contact me at: shiriishbohare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. hellllllo, amazing photos! seriously the lighting and everything is PERFECT! I'm kind of obsessed!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)