Saturday, September 29, 2012

Brrr, not yet!











Jacket: Fred Meyers/Kroger
Dress: Sears
Tights; Fred Meyer/Kroger
Boots: Madden Girl
Handbag: Coach (thrifted)

So far the weatherman has been wrong and while it hasn't snowed yet, you can really feel it in the air. The temp has dropped about twenty degrees and the air has that cold and wet feel to it the usually proceeds the snow.  After playing around by the river, the kids and I were all wishing we'd brought the mittens.   There were a few enterprising guys still trying to get a little bit of fishing in before the weather turns,  I was getting cold just watching them stand in the river. (Men are insane, who else enjoys standing in a cold river in 35 degrees on the off chance they might catch one late season fish?)

This little funky cheetah print dress is a regular in my wardrobe.  The usual color combined with the looser fit seem to make it easier to wear in a variety of ways as opposed to my former work sheath dresses that just sit at the back of the closet.  I'm pretty sure everyone is really sick of seeing this leather handbag, it and my navy and brown Liz Claiborne purse are the ones I always reach for in my day to day life.  They hold up so well, being made out of leather, and the longer cross-body straps help keep my hands free and usually keep me from leaving it behind somewhere.  

I'm pretty sure my old computer is on it's last legs.  It's been to the repair shop many times but lately the ports have almost completely stopped working, the screen has been having freak-outs and starts sputtering after running for about a half hour.  I'm going to take it in one last time but it might be time for a new one.   


14 comments:

  1. I like this outfit. I have a similar jacket in gray that I always get compliments on when I wear. I also like your boots. They look like they can go with everything. I can't believe you guys are on the verge of snow already. It was overcast and in the 60's here today and that was enough to send me into hibernation on my Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah, 60 sounds wonderful! And thanks, these boots are awesome, they're insulated a little bit on the inside, so even in the colder weather, they're still warm enough to wear. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! Love the dress and the boots! It probably won't snow here until January if then. Nashville is so weird though, so we might get 10 inches in November! I like one good snow, and then done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so fun! At first I didn't even realize it was cheetah print until you mentioned it. I thought it was abstract floral :-)

    The jacket you have on goes great with it and really plays off the blue in the dress. But, is it really 35 degrees out? And all you have on in that jacket? Your blood must be thicker in AK :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a while for me to get cold, 35 still feels pleasant enough, but I always hate the first time it drops to 15 degrees, that always feels worst than the -20 below! I saw people still running around town today in their shorts and tee shirts. (Fairbanks people are crazy when it comes to the cold up here. When the weather warms up from the -50 below to -20 below, everyone breaks out their shorts. I'll have to get pictures of it this year!)

      Delete
  4. that dress is so cute. love the photos.

    xo

    asteria-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always wear the cutest outfits. I really love your earrings.
    It looks like you live in the most beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool Outfit ,love the Jacket! Beautiful Photos :)

    Lovely Greetings ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute boots. I'm with you on the computer issue. I finally broke down and decided to invest in a new laptop. It arrives on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is super cute! And I love how you paired it with the cognac accessories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were not incoherent at all in your comments on my post. I honestly appreciate the opinions that you shared, and I understand exactly what you mean. My blog has never been sponsored. I don't earn any money from it whatsoever. I wear what I want on my blog, but lately I have felt that isn't good enough. It seems like everyone wants to see designer clothes and your typical "pretty" girls. It seems like fashion blogging has turned into amateur modeling. While I do photo shoots, I am by no means a model. I have never claimed to be a model. I don't want to be a model. I simply take photos of myself in my everyday clothes so people can see my individual style. My followers have been very supportive, but I can't seem to escape the negativity. I miss the days of a blogging community. I don't feel like it is a community anymore.

    Thank you so much for your comment. It means the world to me.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a dear for reading that long and rambling comment, I thought your post today really touched a nerve. I've always liked how you dress for your life and have stayed true to your personal style, part of the charm of the style blogging world is seeing all of the different styles and lifestyles. (We can't all live in N.Y!) I'm bummed to see that the negativity has hurt your this much, you really are such a sweetheart and I'll continue to follow your blog no what which direction you decided to take it in.

      Delete
  10. I have no plans to stop blogging. I love the blogging community (negativity and meanness aside), and I want to continue to be a part of it. Chances are that I will keep my blog as a representation of myself. There will be some fashion, some outfit posts, some shots from my everyday, some sports talk, and a whole lot of randomness. My blog will become just that - my blog. It will be whatever I feel like doing that day. I'm actually kind of excited to see what happens from here. Thanks for the support. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart sank when you mentioned snow! AH! but I am sure you guys handle snow like champs, I think NE does, I bet you are like psh!? 2 Feet?! and you want a 2 hour delay from school... please! BUT I know what you mean... I feel like you can smell snow/rain, do you?

    Anyway I LOVE this dress and boots!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)