Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Yup, it's a denim shirt







Scarf: Fred Meyer
Vest:  (thrifted)
Shirt: Lands End (thrifted)
Pants: UK Style by French connection (Sears)
Shoes: Steve Madden
Handbag: Coach (Garage Sale)

I think fall had officially arrived up here.  The leaves are turned and littering the ground and it's starting to get cold.  Blah.  That means winter and freezing temps are right around the corner.  Double blah.

Church garage sales on the other hand are not blah.  We checked one out last Saturday since they're a great place for kids books and we've been on the hunt for a bicycle large enough for the husband.  While the big bike remains elusive, we did find tons of great kids books and I found something special!  Most of the time church sales are pretty meh for clothes, but I noticed a great structured handbag under a pile of clothes.  It looked like leather so I pulled it and after a moment of inspection, casuaaaaly walked over to the ladies with the cash boxes.

Me: Soooo, how much are the handbags?
Church lady: $3.00
Me: Including this one?
Church lady: All purses are $3.00.
Me: All of them?
Church lady: Yes.  $3.00. 

I'm pretty sure she thought I was crazy, but I'll take looking ;like a crazy chick in exchange for a great vintage leather Coach purse for $3.00.  Yes, Yes I will.   I think makes up for the dry spell at the thrift stores lately.  Although I did break my boycott of Value Village yesterday, since they had a 50% off sale for kids clothes, so we stocked up on jeans  for the kids.  (It's so funny, Gunnar actually likes clothes shopping, he slowly went through the pile of jeans in his size and picked out the ones he liked and found little sweaters to go with them.  He always tries to pick out clothes that look like his uncles' clothes, since he's pretty sure they're the coolest guys ever.  Izzy just goes for the pinkest shirts she can find, or anything that has a dog on it.)

12 comments:

  1. That is soo great that you got a vintage Coach bag for only $3! Deal of the century!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my 2 giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the color of those pants!:) i was looking for them everywhere... but they either don't have my size or the color i want arghhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect fall look!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That handbag is an awesome find! I love those pants. I wish we had a sears here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post, I love your blog¡¡
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: http://loscaprichosdediana.blogspot.com.es/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there are some people, like you, who are magnets for finding awesome things at thrift stores and church/yard sales. Can I follow you around for a week and see if it will rub off on me??

    P.S. Love the casual vibe of your outfit. All the fall colors and the texture of the vest and the pattern of the scarf go together really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super nice scarf :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, can't wait to see what you do next! Come check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't go wrong with a denim shirt! Love it!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)