Monday, August 13, 2012

This past week







Blazer: American Eagle
Shirt: Uk Style by French Connection (sears)
Skirt: Sears
Belt: Once again, came with a dress
Shoes: MIA (thrifted)
Watch: Gift
Necklace: Icings

This skirt again.    It's my go-to skirt for pattern mixing, plus, it has pockets.  Pockets make the world go round people.  It did get pretty toasty today, so I ended up having to lose the blazer, but the loafers helped balance out the shorter skirt and the tank top. (After all, don't want to look like I'm late for a shift on the street corner at South Cushmans.)

These a few photos of what I wore last week.



Blazer: Marc by Marc Jacobs (present)
Blouse: Michael Michael Kors (thrifted)
Jeans: Seven7 (thrifted)
Shoes: Steve Madden (thrifted)
Handbag: Jessica Simpson (thrifted)

I really loved this outfit, I wish I'd gotten better photos, but it was super windy that day.


Jacket: Old Navy
Lace Tank: American Eagle
Under Tank: Old Navy
Jeans: American Eagle
Boots: thrifted
Scarf: Gift
(My little sister took these photos!)

I wore this to a pig roast.  One of my little brother's Friends is going into the Navy, so this was his goodbye party.  It's so strange to think that the little group of boys from the wrestling team have grown up so much that now they can go into the military.  (Two of my little brothers were in the North Pole Wrestling team all through high school, it was such a awesome team, they too state a few times.)   The house the pig roast was held at was so beautiful and had a huge back yard.  The kids had so much fun running around it and the husband was so thrilled to go to a pig roast, he's a serious pork-a-holic.


Blazer: Banana republic (thrifted)
Dress: H&M (thrifted)
Belt: Icings
Shoes: Gap (thrifted)
Handbag: Jessica Simpson (thrifted)
(the husband took these photos.  I was really bad about remembering to haul my tripod around that week.)

I guess I had a serious thing for blazers this past week. This probably would have been cuter with heels, but sometimes it's just easier to run around in flats.


This past week our little State Fair for Fairbanks was going on.  There's always the big State Fair every year down in Palmer, but a few weeks before that we have a little fair up here and it's always pig-out time!  I live for this blessed week when the Dippin Dots are plentiful, Dippin' Dots are so insanely delicious.  The kids had fun going to the livestock barns and talking to the goats, who are just nature's comedians.  (Goats are the coolest animals ever.  They have such crazy personalities and are such little monsters, playing with everything.)   The kids got to go on lots of rides this year, Izzy loved the little roller coaster.





16 comments:

  1. Fisrt combination is perfect :) But I like them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' your skirt in those first pics Katie - so pretty! And I haven't had dippin' dots in years...but they are very delicious :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pattern mixing in the first outfit and I'm loving that blazer/blouse outfit with the yellow belt! The fair looks like so much fun :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I love all your outfits in this post! Every single one! I guess I have a thing for blazers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the 2nd outfit; the jeans and blazer, although all of them are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great outfits! I love the first one, the skirt is so pretty. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oohh love the gray dress!! I miss layers...it is starting to get cooler here though soon I can wear blazers too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to the local fair is so much fun! Good food, fun, and getting to see the animals. I love your tie dyed tank top with your blazer. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the pseudo-tutorial on different ways to wear blazers! I think I love the navy blazer/ dress combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that top outfit is so awesome - perfect for everyday AND work!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those 70s jeans (and I know I've said that before!!). I totally hear you about wear flats with short skirts, they seem to cancel each other out ans make everything ok! Your kids are cute, it sounds like your family's had a busy week full of fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great! I love all of these outfits! I love the 1st and 4th outfits the most. Pairing a blazer with a skirt or dress is one of my favorite ways of wearing a blazer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many gorgeous outfits in this post! The first one with the white blazer is so chic, I really like the pattern mixing. And yay for a blazer filled week, blazers make anything more polished :) And the pig roast sounds like a lot of fun, I love eating pork too. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the print on that skirt, and fantastic print mix. The top picks up well on the purple tones in your skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)