Friday, August 24, 2012

The ponies told me so










Scarf: Fred Meyer/ Kroger
Sweater: Gap (thrifted)
Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters
Shoes: Payless
Cuff: Icings
Handbag: Vintage Coach (thrifted)

It's taken me three years to find a decent pair of boyfriend jeans but a little while ago I finally found the perfect pair.  I got these back when American Eagle had their big 40% off clearance sale and with a 20% off coupon, I got these for less than eight dollars.  That is so my kind of price point.   I've been wearing these almost every weekend, they are just crazy comfy.  I really have to take back everything I've said about American Eagle over the years, they actually make a pretty awesome pair of jeans, the pair of skinnies I got at the same time are comparable in quality to my JBrand pair.  I have a round butt, so I have trouble sometimes with the seat of jeans being cut flat through there, but the AE jeans are really fantastic for that.

In other news, it's cold.  The winter coats on the horses are growing in already, that does not speak for us having an easy winter this year.  (Just because I'm so sure that everyone in the world is waiting on the edge of their seats to know that latest updates of Alaskan weather.)  But the ponies and how soon their winter coats start growing in is a good indication of how the winter is going to go, so this provides endless conversation fodder for weather obsessed Alaskans.  Which is pretty much all of us.  


11 comments:

  1. of course like your website but you have to test the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very bothersome to tell the reality on the other hand I’ll definitely come again again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have such a problem with spelling and I'm sorry about that! (It's awful. I die when the spellcheck does not work.) Thank you for taking the time to give me a heads up on those, I'll have to go back and try to fix the problems. :)

      Delete
  2. Hahah, I love cold weather, my dream is actually to live in Alaska, someday maybe we can meet ^_^ But hope the ponies are wrong, although animals are never wrong :D Those jeans are indeed, a piece of art! And with that belt- awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those jeans are perfect; they look comfortable but not sloppy. I might just have to look at AE next time I need some jeans.

    And I like that you tell stories about the Alaskan weather; I've never been and I find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole look is amazing! Perfect for fall. Too bad fall is coming already for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm kind of falling for that scarf of yours, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe your shoes are Payless! So cute! Following you now :)

    xoxo,

    Allie

    www.sparklesandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i need to find a pair of boyfriend jeans, too!! and those shoes are amaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jeans look great!
    I'm struggling to find a good pair of jeans here :(
    It's really cold in South Africa too - looking forward to spring in September!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome shoes! :))
    Greetings from the other side of the world(Bulgaria) ^^

    http://victoria-coeurdor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great weekend outfit. I love the look of your rolled boyfriend jeans with chunky sandals. You hair looks awesome too with the side part and falling over your scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)