Monday, August 27, 2012

Fading light in the woods











Vest: Old Navy
Shirt: Old Navy
Dress: F21 (thrifted, sad, I know.)
Shoes: Sears
Handbag: Vintage Coach (thrifted)

Well darn if I wasn't having a good hair day today.  I guess that totally makes up for me being tossed on my butt like a limp sack of potatoes earlier.  I was working on flying leads changes on the horse I lease, Mikkato and I did not set up for a nice lead change on one circle, which pissed him off and he promptly tossed me.  We both were so surprised that we stared at each other, me on my butt and him with the reins hanging down.  Ah, one of those days.  I was due for a non-rider approved dismount sometime this summer.

I haven't really gotten to do much photography work during the later hours of the day, so I was pretty excited that the opportunity came along.  The lighting was really fun to play with and I was so pleased with how my shots came out, I'm slowly progressing.

I tried this dress first with a cardigan this morning and it just looked very un-me.  (I guess I don't really wear cardigans that often.)   Since my love of denim shirts and vests is well documented, I layered these and ended up with an outfit I really liked.  It's great when that happens. (As opposed to all of the outfits I look back on and groan in embarrassment.)



18 comments:


  1. Great post!

    Love this look :)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sll this layer and jeans jacket is great and looks so good with dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress and how you paired it with the denim shirt, gorgeous look, nice blog, follow each other?
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahha, got thrown by a horsy? But still look damn good :P Love the layering of this look, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dang for getting thrown by a horse you look great! what time does it get dark for you guys up there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It varies through the year, during the summer its light almost all night and then during the height of winter we get about two and a half hours of daylight. :P Right now the sunn is setting about 8:30pm, which isn't too bad.

      Delete
  6. Such gorgeous inspiration pictures!
    I'm Your New Follower,Hoping That you Will FOLLOW me too.

    Blow A Rainbow
    Blow a Rainbow on Facebook
    Blow a Rainbow on Bloglovin
    Blow a Rainbow on Pinterest
    Blow a Rainbow on Lookbook
    Blow a Rainbow on Tumblr

    I'll wait you on my blog dear.Have a Nice Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you layered over this beautiful dress! You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Love the layering you've done here!

    Hosting a giveaway, would love for you to enter!
    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/#

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh I love this outfit! And thank you for being an Alaskan blogger, haha. Now that I'm in Oregon, I miss the mountains and (when it comes) the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The layering over the dress is so cute! I want that cargo vest badly, but they're all sold out of my size :( I hope you didn't get hurt after falling off the horse, ouch!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart Enter my jewelry giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit. This is a great example of late summer layering. I know how you feel about cardigans because that's how I feel in a vest! Sorry you got thrown, but glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an adorable outfit. I like the color and texture choices you made and the red shoes!

    Ouchies....glad you aren't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You wear that vest well! It totally fits in with your surroundings. I want one for myself but am struggling with making it office appropriate and I hate to buy too many things that are weekends-only.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am just loving all the layers! You look amazing. The dress is super cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I was this skilled at layering. Somehow, I just never make them work. I love the combination here! That pretty summer dress looks ready to transition into colder weather. And the red shoes are a lovely addition! Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog. So glad I popped over to visit!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great layers especially because the dress is so much fun !

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your dress! :)
    Kisses, Luzia M.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)