Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Because denim is awesome







Shirt: Lands End (thrifted)
Skirt: J.Jill (thrifted)
Belt: came with a dress....
shoes: XOXO (Famous Footwear)
Bangle: Garage sale
Handbag: Liz Claiborne Leather (thrifted)
Ring: Icing

Mmmm, I do love me a denim shirt with a skirt.  Its my favorite way to wear pretty skirts, it hits that line in between too dressed up but not looking like you spent all day combing through your closet. (Because I'm lazy in that aspect and I'll wear a denim shirt with just about anything.)  Denim shirts are just fabulous for dressing down a skirt and the best part is, you don't have to go out and spend a ton of money on one.  I can always find a ton of them at the thrift stores for super cheap, I really recommend the Lands Ends ones, they last so well and have such great fits.

In other news, I don't know if I'll come back to this little park for photos.  Last time I took photos here, a man just slowly kept driving his car up and down the road then stopped his car right across from me on the road.  He stayed there and kept watching until I got nervous and made a run for the car.  This time I took my pepper spray and I was really glad I did.  I didn't use any of the photos of him, but in half of the pictures there a really creepy man standing back in the bushes just behind me, watching.  I noticed him when I moved the tripod and whipped my pepper spray out of the purse and held it where he could see it and tried to look menacing.  He moved off but I left right after that.  It sort of irritates me that this happens since this is suppose to be a public park with tons of kids playgrounds, creepy dudes don't need to be hanging around!  So even though I really like this little park, I'm not a fan of putting myself in a bad situation.    I suppose I'm just nervous from all of the rumors around town about some man attacking women along the trails, but I don't like taking chances like that.

10 comments:

  1. Love this look The feminine floral with the masculine button down is such a fun combo! Boyfriend is sitting next to me on the couch and he just said "I like that outfit. It's very 90s in a good way."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love the 90s, it was such an interesting time for perosnal style and I do dearly love a tied shirt! And thank you, you totally made my day.

      Delete
  2. Those men in the park sound super creepy! I wouldn't want to go back either. Loving your floral skirt with the denim. It's the perfect combination!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um obsessed with your ring!!! such a great statement piece :)

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    SideSmile Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. katie this is gorgeous! i love the little ruffle detail on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pattern on the skirt is really pretty, and go well with the denim shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful skirt! And that denim top is great - the ruffle detail makes a big difference :)

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another item for my shopping list-- denim/chambray button down. OMG, if that creeper ever shows up again you should call the po po, I'm so glad that you're ok! If you want, you could send me the ring and skirt they're adorable.

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm that is so creepy that man was lurking in the bushes. Really unless your dog ran off and you're hunting for them you don't really have a reason to be skulking around a park.

    In other news classic chambray. Love. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)