Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Well, that was a short summer










Jacket: Gap (thrifted)
Scarf: Fred Meyer (Gift)
Shirt: Kardashian for Sears
Jeans: JBrand (Gift)
Shoes: SM New York
Clutch: Juicy Couture (thrifted)


I love button ups, but I hate that pesky habit they have of popping open at the worst moments.  Blah indeed.

Looking through these photos, one would guess that winter is knocking at the door.  It's been switching between 80 degrees one day and 45 the next, so I'm getting a strange mix of shorts and jackets in my blog photos.  It was nice and chilly today, so it was the perfect time to pull out this cool scarf that my husband found for my Birthday. (He's got good taste!  I love the colors and pattern  on this scarf, it's so funky.)

I found this little clutch a while ago when I went to a local second hand shop with my mother.  After digging through this bin of scuffed and smelly purses, I found this handsome little clutch on the bottom, in fantastic shape!  And at $1.00, it was such a steal.  But once it came home, miss Izzy claimed it as her own and today's the first that I've managed to "borrow" it from her!

Speaking of Miss Izzy, I gave her a hair cut yesterday and it came out pretty cute, if I may toot my own horn for a moment.   But she'd make anything look cute, so I guess I won't bank my hopes on becoming the next up and coming children's hair stylist.


10 comments:

  1. The clutch is adorable, good bargain! And the scarf- have no words for it- super pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I gladly tell you that I restarted my blog and I saw that you followed it earlier. Unfortunately I lost all of my followers now and I'd appreciate it a lot if you followed me again. Check out my "new" blog and feel free to follow me if you like it. I follow you back of course.

    xx BBella
    http://www.justyled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so cute! and i LOVE your scarf girl. i can't believe you're wearing a scarf right now while we are BAKING to the south of you :) :)

    still being [molly]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scarf. Hubby has good taste! I like that you weren't shy with the prints in this outfit. Snake shoes, leopard scarf, tribal top. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute scarf and clutch! And Izzy is cute too!

    From what I understand, if we are having a hot summer, Alaska has a cold one. If you have a warmer summer, we end up having a cool one. I wouldn't mind some cooler weather to be quite honest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah she is adorable! I love your scarf and your clutch, so cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your clutch and scarf! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so cute in all the layers! I can't believe the temperature flux up there, crazy. Izzy is adorable in her new haircut :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet leather jacket? Check. Freaking amazing scarf (purchased by one uber savvy husband)? Check. Killer heels? Check. Perfect little clutch, borrowed from cute daughter? Check. Accomplished goal in looking fabulous while simultaneously making Genie jealous? Check. Ok. Maybe the last one wasn't on your agenda, but it happened, so bonus points for you Katie! I love that you mixed PRINTS together in your accessories and blouse, I always admire how you don't play it safe when it comes to fashion. I do believe that the blue polish is OPI's "Blue My Mind"

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)