Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Walk in the sunshine








Shirt, skirt and hat: Old Navy
Shoes: Sears
Handbag: Liz Claiborne Leather (thrifted)
Bracelets: Assorted
Necklace: Fred Meyer

The weather changed it's mind again and dawned bright and beautiful.  We ended up taking advantage of the nice day and went up to Birch Hill and hiked around the trails up there.  Izzy and Gunner love getting to go out into the woods and we played for so long up there.  And before you asked about my wearing a skirt for hiking, the trails up there are really clear cut and we end dawdling along, looking at everything, so the skirt worked perfectly.

Leopard print seems like it mixes with everything, it's such a perfect match with all of my skirts.  I got these flats a long time ago at Sears and I'm so impressed with how they've help up.  This skirt has also done well, it's been one of the few things I've gotten from Old Navy this year and I've just been so pleased with it, it's so versatile and works  with other patterns, colors and just about any top.  I can't wait to wear it with colored tights this winter. (Well, yes, yes I can.  I think I can wait at least 9 months for winter and tights.)

Anyone sick of seeing this purse?  I've kinda gotten stuck on it, it really is my go to handbag. (It's just so pretty and I love any bag with a long, cross body strap.)

16 comments:

  1. Hi!! is nice to meet u!

    i love your hat!

    you have a new follower! i invite u to visit mine and i hope you like it!

    See u soon in "KS"
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not sick of it yet :D I have a satchel bag T'm gonna wear till it turns into dust :D Hahah Wonderful outfit, especially the hat is so chic!
    P.S
    It wasn't really something hard, driving with the bus, not like your life, working like crazy (bow to that, you're awesome). It's just that I hated it so much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite outfits of yours! That hat looks so cute on you, love the printed skirt, and the shirt looks awesome tied like that :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also wear often the same purse, i don't see any problem at all with that ;-)
    And I love your skirt!

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you tied the chambray and the fedora looks so cute on you, Katie!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty outfit! Love your sunglasses!!

    Would you like to follow each other?

    Evi xoxo

    The notebook of a fashion lover

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this look. I just got a chambray and hope to style it in a similar way soon. I am not sick of your bag, I'm jealous of your bag!

    I tagged you with the Liebster Award on my blog - no pressure to do all the things it says, but I enjoy your blog so I wanted to give it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this look! I would definitely wear something just like this :)

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks like a very ME outfit! love that skirt and how you tied that denim button up. I'm a sucker for hats too ( as you know) so obviously love that little addition!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love a tied top over a cute skirt! and with the hat!! looks great

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute look! I really like your skirt and hat!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute! love what you're wearing.
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I rarely include my bags in my photos because I have three that I wear almost every day. They're all cross body.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cute floral pattern of the skirt! And the high waist skirt looks so pretty with the tied denim shirt, such a perfectly laid-back outfit :) It looks like you and your family had a nice day at Birch hill. It's always fun to go hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're right--leopard print pretty much goes with everything. Also, I'm jealous that you can wear hats because I simply cannot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another outfit that looks effortlessly hip. The accessories are what really makes this look pop, though I also like how your tied shirt reveals just a glimpse of skin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)