Saturday, July 14, 2012

A tripod's replacement











 
Jacket, Blouse and Jeans: Old Navy
Belt: ?
Boots: Thrifted
Bracelet: Sears
Wood Necklace: Fred Meyer
Rock Necklace and bug ring: Icings

So guess what idiot left her tripod in the car?  Yup, this idiot right here.  These are some funky photos, since I turned the fence into a temporary tripod. (It didn't work that great, as you can see from the full body photos.)

I love these jeans.  They are the best fitting pair of jeans I've ever found and they have held up so well over the past three years.  I'm really hard on jeans, they usually make it about 7 months before I have holes and rips in them. But this pair from old navy I've worn and worn, and I ride in them at least once a week.  (I really wish I'd gotten two pairs back when Old Navy was selling them, they are that great of jeans.)  And after typing this up, I realized this was another Old Navy heavy post. Whoops.

I do really like this outfit, if only for the fact that a half tucked shirt, low jeans and boots makes me think of Lori's style on The Walking Dead and that makes me happy because we're getting close to fall and THAT means WOOOOO!  The new season starts up!  I'm so excited I can't hardly wait for the weekly fix of zombies and Norman Reedus.   And in other fangirl obsession news, I just saw a preview for Oz.  I'm a huge, huge fan of the Wizard of Oz and all of the books, but I'm really unsure about this film.  It doesn't have the look of The Wizard of OZ at all and looks very, very computer animated and sort of like another version of the Alice in Wonderland film that came out a few years ago.  So, meh?   I know, I'm finicky about movie versions of books.  I'm really worried about what they're going to do to The Hobbit, another of my all time favorites, since I was so irritated, unhappy about the Lord of the Rings movies and how they were pulled off.

So, now that I've revealed my nerdy side, I'll just leave off with some pictures of some cuties pies, as always.




8 comments:

  1. I have that Old Navy blouse too! I love how it looks under that jacket. You've given me some inspiration for how to style mine once it gets cooler here :)

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those boots, katie!! i'm not sure about Oz, either... i'm sure i'll probably see it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh I love that adorable ring!! how fun is that?! and your nails, too!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are adorable!!! And hey, for a fence tripod... you did pretty dang good!! Have a great week!

    Amanda
    It's an Easy Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cobalt blue color is amazing on you, but the accessories really make this outfit. All of your jewerly pieces are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O those jeans fit like a glove, and are so flattering on you! I can't believe that I've found a fellow Hobbit lover! Nerds unite! Lol, why didn't you like the Lord of the Rings series? (Besides the fact that they took eons to play out, Orlando Bloom is pretty hawt, no?) Izzy and Mr. G, are so cute!

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love the combination of that jacket and boots. You almost (ALMOST) have me wishing for fall. This outfit exudes cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)