Thursday, July 26, 2012

Shorts weather








Blouse: Banana Republic silk (thrifted)
Tank: Old Navy
Shorts: Theory (thrifted)
Shoes: Steve Madden
Jewelry: Assorted

I thrifted this blouse a while back, I hit a jackpot and found five really pretty silk Banana Republic tank tops, but I ended up giving almost all of them to my little sister.  This pretty blouse stayed with me however!  It's really sheer, so I've been getting a lot of use out of  that nude tank I got at Old Navy a while back.  (Ha, I'm just not that brave when it comes to see-through items!)  And oooh, these shorts!  Another lucky thrifting find, back when the Salvation Army was having a sale, all shorts for 50 cents apiece!  Yeah, it's hard to pass up high-waisted Theory shorts for 50 cents.  I keeping hoping that some day I'll find some silk Equipment shirts at the thrift stores. (A girl can dream, right?)

Whew, it got hot out today!  All of my complaining lately about the cold  really paid off, it was perfect shorts weather today.  (Even though I have knees that Forever21 would love to photoshop off!)   If the weather holds up, we're all going try to make it down to the Lake and we'll see just how many times the dog can tip over the canoe.  (So far, the record stands at four times in one day.)

15 comments:

  1. Oh. I love this look. those shoes are awesome!! :)

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blouse is great (and I always layer under my sheers as well), but those shoes are AMAZING. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post !

    Love your outfit so much!!

    You look FABOULOUS !

    Just stopped by your blog!
    Loved it instantly so I have no choice but to follow you around!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love shorts & wedges - so cute! And what a pretty blouse :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy that you are getting some of our warm weather LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your patterned wedges are SO cute! Looking very chic in the classic black/white. Hope you have a great weekend and you're able to get out onto the lake, Katie!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my Daisy Rae giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the simple blouse and shorts with the dressy accessories. I should really try dressing my shorts up a pit more, but it's so hard not to wear sneakers or flat sandals on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shoes! (I'm a huge Steve Madden fan!) And those are some amazing thrifted finds!! I would also love to be able to find an Equipment shirt, it's such a great basic! Love your blog, now following on GFC and Bloglovin! :)

    http://flyelephantfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello amazing shoes! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful lighting and I love your shorts!

    xx Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a great shirt. Love the structure of it & the sleeves & how it's a little bit off the shoulder. Good call on keeping it and not giving it to your sister! Cute summer outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to hear the weather is nice enough for you to wear shorts! You look so chic and cute in this outfit. I especially love your wedges, so so soooo cute!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what great finds!! I wonder if all the tops were donated in one shot, and you happened to get to the store right after staff put them on display? You are my thrift hero. I think you should do a post about shoes. You have some amazing ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)