Saturday, July 7, 2012

Outfit Under $30: Pattern Mixing and Budget







Shirt: Old Navy - $5.00
Skirt: Sears - $2.99
Shoes: Payless - $3.00
Bracelet 1: Fred Meyers - $1.49
Bracelet 2: Fred Meyers - $2.99
Earrings: Garage sale - $0.10

Total: $15.57 
Almost half of my budget!  A very successful Outfit For Under$30.

I've been sort of MIA lately, but I'm back for the moment.  Today was the dressage Show and I rode my first ever dressage test.  How'd it go?  Not very dressage-y, that's for sure!  About half way through one of my tests, my horse decided he was a rodeo pony and just started bucking like a maniac.  Years of riding little monster ponies helped me stay on, but I did end up having to do an extra circle and ended up with a charming score of 46%.  Ooooooh, epic fail! (Okay, it would have been more epic if I'd flown off and someone had posted it to youtube.)  After  all of that, we went to the tack stall and the big boy just about put his head on the ground so the kids could brush his face and then he stood so still while Izzy and Gunnar helped give him a bath outside.  *sigh*  That silly horse sees little kids and he just turns into a big puppy dog!  He'll do just about anything for them.
Anyways, horse stuff aside, I've been really bad at taking photos lately.  This was a super easy outfit to throw on after the barn and I got motivated enough to take photos.  This is one of my favorite skirts, the graphic pattern makes me think of Frank Miller.

I really admire how Tashia over at Hips And Hangers posts her monthly budget and it's something I've decided to do as well.  I've talked alot about thrift store and consignmens stores as being great places to find nice clothes and I'd like to reflect that in my budget.  This month I have a higher than normal budget, thanks to Brithday money, of $100.  I'll be posting in my side bar of what I spend it on.  Again, I really have Tashia to thank for this idea, I always wonder exactly what amonts different bloggers spend on their wardrobes and I'd like to show that you can get nice clothes for very little!

The break down so far this month:
Old Navy Tee Shirt - $5.00
Old Navy Tee Shirt - $5.00
Thrifted blazer - $1.00
Thrift Silk Maxi Skirt - $4.00

Total: $15.00
Left: $85.00

And thank you everyone for your kind comments on the last post, the new horse is doing quite well, his leg is healing up and he's put on some weight.








6 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! Missed reading your posts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear!
    I love so much you're blog, I follow u.

    My name in GFC is: sexy_paige_cucu.
    Hope u follow back :) :)

    A lot of kisses, honey.
    http://zapatodetacon.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, yup it's all good if you managed to NOT fall :D Lovely horsy! And I don't know how you do it, but your outfit is amazing, and the skirt just fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, shucks. Thanks for the shout out! I actually failed so epically at following my budget last month that I got embarrassed/ frustrated and stopped reporting what I was buying. You win some, you lose some I guess. This month I'm going to try something a little different and see if it works.

    PS I totally bought that tshirt friday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative idea for a budget! I love that you paired stripes with a floral print and those cute heels. I think you did quite well for the first dressage! I hope that next time it goes better for you, and thank goodness you didn't fall off.

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)