Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Short (Ha!) Term Memory Loss








Sweater: UK Style by French Connection (Sears)
Dress: Donna Ricco NewYork (thrifted)
Belt: Erm, came with another dress
Handbag: Coach (Consignment)
Shoes: Shoemint (And thanks to Ebay!)

I was all settled in for the night, curled up in my pjs and getting ready to start my post when I realized "What did I wear today?"
"Uh, I think it was a dress."
"Yeah, yeah, it was a dress!  A white one, with flowers!" (this was all my inner monologue)

So I go to the computer and I start scouring the picture files, trying to find a white dress with flowers on it.  It was, of course, nowhere to be found.  Well, after giving up and just going by dates, I pulled up the file with these photos.

"What the fudge muffin? That's not a white dress!  Not even close!  That's really what I wore?"
In my defense, it was cold and wet today, and I took these photos during a very brief sunny moment, so that completely excuses my short term memory loss.

Pfft.

Anyways, at least I remember that I wore these shoes!  When Shoemint very first came out with these, I was SO in love with these and after saving up my pennies, I went to buy them. GASP!  They were gone in my size!  So I took a night to think if I wanted to order them either a half size up or down.  I made up my mind and went to order them in the morning. GASP!  Gone again!  So I put myself on waitlist and waited.  And waited.  Eventually I got worried they would'nt bring them back in this beautiful blue color, so I thought I'd get them in tan. Grrr, another GASP!  Gone.
 
Well, after watching and watching Ebay, these came up.  Granted, they were a half size too big, but I didn't care.  I won the bidding and this morning they showed up, thanks to Mr. Mailman.  And I haven't taken them off since.   These darlings are getting the spot of honor in the closet, right next to my leopard Vince Camuto booties.  Because I love them.

Miss Isabel is a happy camper as well, since she got a box out of the deal.  She's pretty sure I'm a compete chump, letting go of a perfectly good box.


Izzy says, "Grrrr, I'm gonna get that bracelet for my new box that mom was stupid enough to give up! Hahah!"


I know, I really should just rename this "The Isabel style blog."



\

14 comments:

  1. you look great:) loove your heels!!

    Leonor
    thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I am so IN LOVE with those shoes!! Do u remember where u bought them on ebay??? I have to have them!!

    www.closetvoyage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just searched "shoemint" on ebay and it brings up all shoemint shoes that people are selling second hand. I kept checking everyday, since it changes quite a bit. :)

      Delete
  3. This is an amazing look, i love the skirt, so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love the shoes.

    xo Andrea
    http://uskar-vor-inspire.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those shoes - so pretty! And I love that Isabel was excited by the box...top cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahha, short term memory loss is a bitch :D
    Wonderful outfit, I like the whole vintage feeling of it, the bag and the sweater, and of course the shoooes <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's such a cute (and comfy looking ) sweater! love it. and this outfit is so much more fun with those awesome shoes. those earrings are beautiful, too!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, "what the fudge muffin"... I say that too!! Love it. Your shose are AMAZING!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. your accessories are definitely what make this outfit. Blue shoes and cameo earrings? yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pop of color in the outfit with these shoes. So unexpected and fabulous!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shoemint shoes are such a nice bright color, the color really pops in these photos! It looks so nice with the cute polka dot skirt +fair isle sweater combination. Ooo I should try ebay too, because I really want the shoemint shoes called the hattie or something like that. (the flats with the ankle straps)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Score on those Shoemint beauties! I spotted a pair that were similar at Bebe a while back. I really like how you allowed those heels to shine, with the otherwise neutral outfit. And belting the sweater over the dress like that that was genius! Your post had me laughing because I usually have some pretty spotty short term memory myself ;)

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)