Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Printed Shorts and awkwardness







Shirt: Land's End (thrifted)
Tank: Old Navy
Shorts: J. Crew (Consignment shop- Fireweed consignment)
Clutch: ? (thrifted)
Sunglasses: Old Navy
Shoes: Shi (Journey)

So evidently my skin magically morphs into a shirt.  Pretty cool.  (Or weird.)

It was so warm and sunny all day long, right until I decided to take pictures.  Of course the weather decided that was a great time to rain and it was a great time for the neighbors to come out and stare.  Thus, awkward pictures.  Eeee.   It's hard to get your model on when people are staring right at you and you can almost hear them talking about the crazy girl outside taking pictures of her outfit. (At least, I hope that's what they think I'm doing!)

I love, looove these cute printed shorts I found at one of our local consignment stores, Fireweed Consignment.  And I know the first thing they tell you at Fashion School 101 is DON'T wear a loose, baggy open shirt because it will make you look bigger, but I don't care because I like to wear my baggy shirts open.  I like to wear loose shirts with shorts and super high heels because it seems to take the sexy vibe of the shorts and shoes down a notch and keep the look breezy.  (Or I could just be blowing smoke to justify me liking to wear over sized shirts open.)

16 comments:

  1. Those shoes are so unusual and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! I am so sorry sweetie, I hit a button somewhere and I can't figure out how to fix it! I wanted to say so sorry for that, I hope you aren't offended! :(

      Delete
  3. Hooray for chambray! And love those awesome wedges - so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the unbuttoned shirt, and the print on those shorts is really interesting. It almost looks like starfish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those printed shorts are adorable! Ugh, I absolutely hate it when the neighbors see me taking photos, it's so embarrassing!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shorts are just so cute. And how fun are those wedges!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. the print is totally cute! And I can so relate to you- I get so AWKWARD taking pics on the city streets... I always pretend that I'm not, or stop and ask a stupid question to my bf as someone walks by... so silly! It def. makes the bf annoyed :)

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the print on the shorts and those wedges are so cute! I know what you mean about awkwardness when there are people around. That's why I can't take my own outfit photos outside. It's a bit less awkward when my bf is doing it for me :P

    Thanks so much for following my blog! I hope you will visit again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Shorts look so cute ,love it! You look gorgeous :)

    Lovely Greetings ,big Hug :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shoes are too great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the black sky behind you btw!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG those shorts and wedges are the bomb! Love the sky above it's pretty cool, and your oversized shirt complements the rest of your outfit so well. People are probably just saying, "Gawl, look at that pretty girl taking pictures of her pretty outfit--so jealous!"

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I simply adore your whole outfit espiecially your shorts! I love dark gloomy clouds in the background...gives your pictures a really cool effect:) Check out my blog if you have some time and let me know what you think xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a gorgeous pair of shoes! love your chambray shirt, and loe your style. enjoyed your amazing looks. just followed you on google and bloglovin, and i would be honored if we connected on both! cheers from new england! :)
    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)